Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bash: oK I just my New Vrod with the wide rear tire, just purchased the Tab Pipes and KN Filter and Tab Fuel Manager. The install was easy, but when out on bike around 2500 to 3000 rpm the bike stutters like its starving for fuel. The fuel manager had three pots for low med and high. Can you all help me to get rid of the missing and hesitation? I have a dyno schedueled for Friday. Once past 3000 rpms it smooths out great. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What tab pipes are you running? Baffled or non-baffled? Did you set the first pot 1-10 for the correct pipes?

I'm running the baffled slash cut pipes, and IIRC, that is setting "9"... you might have the wrong setting. And just because the arrow on the little white screw is pointing to the right number, doesnt mean it is... you have to feel the "click" to know its in the right spot. Mine is off ever so slightly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply, they were preset I have the straight none baffled, rolled tip pipes, the only problem I have is stutter around 2500 to 3000 I emailed tab they to me to adjust the med pot. any help would be great. I am scheduled for a dyno run friday.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i hate to say,but i had the same problem with the same set up from todd. the manager worked great at first.but after 1,500 miles it started to shutter around 6 to 7 rpm. my guess is the dials get dirty and lose conductivity. todd told me to send it back to have it looked at and replaced if defective.
i wound up going with the power commander and my bike rides very clean now. Hope this helps. and playing withthe dials didnt help any....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heads up!!! I have the exact same pipes on my A and had the same problem right around 3,000. They had preset my map too........... but it was wrong! I needed it on 3 and although it 'looked' like it was on 3, it was on 2!!!! Now its on 3 and looks like its on 4!!! Its definitely worth checking into because when the bike is running on the right map, its a beautiful thing!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Taking bike in today to dealer for Dyno. Will let you know the results!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Got the Dyno Done, bike runs great will post, however, the dude at the shop said I should get the SE Race Tuner, the tab tuner is ok, however there were other adjustments that could have been made if I had the HD Tuner, such as tuning each Cylinder, I am gonna wait till winter and perhaps get it. Anyone else got the Race Tuner.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes a ton of us have it, but I have to tell you if all you are goign to do is change those pipes, then I dont think its worth the money to get a RT and a new tune. While the tune you have is not "perfect" I dont think you will see that much difference for the 800 plus the RT and dyno will cost ya.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Harleerider said:
...the dude at the shop said I should get the SE Race Tuner, ...
Did the dude happen to work at an HD dealership?

If your bike runs good w/ the TAB after the dyno and your engine mods will be limited to the current setup w/ few variations, then why change?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Chris Glad to here that you are having problems with the fuel gauge, same here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TAB Power Commander Update

Just picked up my New Power Commander at the Gettysburg HD, got it working last night and uploaded a map from this site OMG what a difference runs great, much better than TABs fueler, but TAB was awesome with there customer service.

Heading for a Dyno when I get some extra cash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Harleerider said:
:bash: oK I just my New Vrod with the wide rear tire, just purchased the Tab Pipes and KN Filter and Tab Fuel Manager. The install was easy, but when out on bike around 2500 to 3000 rpm the bike stutters like its starving for fuel. The fuel manager had three pots for low med and high. Can you all help me to get rid of the missing and hesitation? I have a dyno schedueled for Friday. Once past 3000 rpms it smooths out great. Thanks for the help.

1- could you tell us about the installation, is is easy to remove if you want to take it for service at the dealers I don't want warrenty issues. so I figure just remove it & the Slip-ons when I take it for service.
2- how many wires do you hookup

·
Registered
55 Posts
Harleerider said:

1- could you tell us about the installation, is is easy to remove if you want to take it for service at the dealers I don't want warrenty issues. so I figure just remove it & the Slip-ons when I take it for service.
2- how many wires do you hookup

·
Registered
683 Posts
hey tarek
installation takes 1 hour max and extremely easy to take off.
don't worry about the dealers, this should not be an issue for the warranty .. they are cool here
the wires, you undo two snap-clips, and plug on two others. thats about it.
give me a pm and i will help you with the install
giles

·
Sparky
1 Posts
Yeah, my Tab Fuel Manager starting doing the coughing/starving things at 3000 rpms after only 500 miles.

Got a power commander and she flies now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts