Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the TAB rolled pipes with the fueler so that I would safe some money. I didn't have to buy a PCIII and didn't have to tune it because the setting for the pipes were allready made.

The bike just didn't run that good so I decided to put it on the dyno bench.

I allready saw that the bike was using to much gas but I was shocked when i saw the results!

TAB reaction to this was that I could send the fueler back but that just isn't an option for me: 1. because of the shipping cost and 2. I just did a $170,- tune on this fueler.
The bike is running fine now after the tuning, I wouldn't recoment anyone to drive without a dyno tuning.

Posted the Dynosheet below.

bhp before tune: 101,8 at 6908,8 rpm
bhp after tune: 114,2 at 7581,2 rpm
Torque max before: 111,3Nm at 6386,3 rpm
Torque max before: 119,8 Nm at 6359,2 rpm

Attachments

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
I think they all tune them very rich, the CFR fueler was the same way for me and I had to make some adjustments to a friends TAB fueler. I guess the thought is that wasting a little fuel is better than a blown motor?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DTHDOC said:
I think they all tune them very rich, the CFR fueler was the same way for me and I had to make some adjustments to a friends TAB fueler. I guess the thought is that wasting a little fuel is better than a blown motor?
That wasting was not a litlle, I'll bring the numbers on here when I gased up again. There was a lot of fuel in the exhaust and I lost alot of bhp and alot of Nm compared to stock.

For the people that know the dyno bench, it was a full blue bar all over the rpm range

·
Registered
276 Posts
dth

hey dth what was the procedure that you used to tweek the fueler? im sure my scoot is running very rich with my fueler although it really jumps off the line now. iwas told that its amost impossible to turn the tuning knobs in either direction that would cause an engine problem. what do you recommend ( not counting dynop tuning)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mrfredsporty said:
hey dth what was the procedure that you used to tweek the fueler? im sure my scoot is running very rich with my fueler although it really jumps off the line now. iwas told that its amost impossible to turn the tuning knobs in either direction that would cause an engine problem. what do you recommend ( not counting dynop tuning)

The dyno bench is the only way to get it right.
You really need to see what you are doing, you can just adjust it with the tuning knobs.

Haven't gassed up yet so don't know what it does, that I didn't need to gas up yet means allot!

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
wow I am glad someone else has noticed this.... I just put the same set up on and she is pig rich. I am going to get a wideband on it asap.

would you care to share your settings so the rest of us can try and get it a litttle closer.

thanks

edit also are you runing topless?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bpipe95 said:
wow I am glad someone else has noticed this.... I just put the same set up on and she is pig rich. I am going to get a wideband on it asap.

would you care to share your settings so the rest of us can try and get it a litttle closer.

thanks

edit also are you runing topless?
When the thing was digital I would give you the setting immediatly but it's impossible to give you the setting, I didn't do it myself and didn't make any notes.
Have a millimeter could turn your engine in to crap, just do it on the bench, when you do you will understand what I'm saying, and the results....well you've seen mine! It's allot better but ir would gain another 2 bhp with a PCIII, but it's to expencive to buy both, this tune will make your money spend at TAB worth more.

I'm not driving topless!

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
ok I will report back with results with in the next week or so.

thanks for the info.

sounds like the three knobs are a bit sensitive.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
just adjust the pots (dials on the fueler) in very small turns up or down and see how she performs. The correct way to do it is by monitoring the AFR while changing it.

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
air fuel ratio... ie use a wide band O2 sensor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Before I got it tuned I got a 1l/11,8 km

After the tune 1l/ 14,6, I big diference, about 50km extra on a tank of gas!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DutchRider said:
Before I got it tuned I got a 1l/11,8 km

After the tune 1l/ 14,6, I big diference, about 50km extra on a tank of gas!
Hope that everybody read this, I wish I would before I bought it

·
Registered
322 Posts
DutchRider said:
Hope that everybody read this, I wish I would before I bought it
So, because you dyno tuned the Fueler, no one should by it? If you would have bought a PCIII or a SERT, wouldn't the dyno tune still have been required? Then you would have been $100+ more out-of-pocket.:confused:

I don't think too many guys/gals here are under the impression that the TAB Fueler setting are going to be perfect striaght out of the box. It's impossible to set one perfect and universal program for EVERY bike out there; each bike has its own unique running characteristics. That's why the Fueler is adjustable. I certainly understood that some adjustments might be necassary BEFORE I bought it. :deal:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dirty Chris said:
So, because you dyno tuned the Fueler, no one should by it? If you would have bought a PCIII or a SERT, wouldn't the dyno tune still have been required? Then you would have been $100+ more out-of-pocket.:confused:

I don't think too many guys/gals here are under the impression that the TAB Fueler setting are going to be perfect striaght out of the box. It's impossible to set one perfect and universal program for EVERY bike out there; each bike has its own unique running characteristics. That's why the Fueler is adjustable. I certainly understood that some adjustments might be necassary BEFORE I bought it. :deal:

:them:

dyno tune should be figured into your 'budget' for buying any new fuel management set up IMHO, whether it's a TAB or whatever....

thats why there's the three little dials to adjust the factory set maps

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alabama said:
:them:

dyno tune should be figured into your 'budget' for buying any new fuel management set up IMHO, whether it's a TAB or whatever....

thats why there's the three little dials to adjust the factory set maps
Sure sure I know what you are saying but this thing is sold as plug and play.
So when you don't notice (don't have much experience in bikes) that the setting is killing the power in your bike you will ride like this for years (or not!)

The TAB fueler is ok, but you have to get it tuned out because you loose alot of power and fuel on the way.

I think, seen the reactions, that this tip helps people to get it right!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts