Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Tab fuel tuner Tab slash cuts and K&N . After the install bike fired right up. When the Gauges saluted The fuel gauge pegged at just over full and the check engine hey stupid light came on the bike runs fine a little popping at decel! Any suggestions or quick fixes would be greatly appreciated!

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
Todd had told me that the check engine light might pop on when you first install everything. Basically he said the engine sensor has to run its' check of the new configuration and that the light will turn off once it determines the fueler is not causing any problems for the engine. I get an occaissional pop or two at decel but not all the time. Happens intermitently in my case.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had to turn the low pot up about 1/3 turn to rich it out some... this got rid of the pop on deceleration.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got the same thing when I put them on and took them off. Clear the code and move on......

Here are the instructions for clearing a light:
V-Rod Engine Code Diagnosis Steps

1- Ignition off

2- Push odometer reset button in & hold. Make sure run switch is on.

3- Turn ignition to run and release button (you will see P, S & C displayed)

4- Each letter represents an area of diagnostics... the one that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter to the next, you push the button one time. (from P to S to C and back to P, etc.)

5- To get DTC within an area, you push and hold the button in for 5 seconds and if there are any, it will be displayed... you can release the button. As you push the button again, other codes will appear if they are there. If there are not any the word “none” appears.

6- Record the codes.

7- To determine if a code is current or historic, you clear the codes while being displayed by pushing in and holding the button until 'clear' comes up. Turn off the ignition... then crank or restart the bike... turn off, and then repeat the code process. If a code is there now, its current... if not, it was historic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts