Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to some positive feedback I have decided to take orders for a custom 7075 aluminum exhuast mounting bracket for those of us running the TAB, Force or Cheatin style exhausts.

I installed the TAB pipes and then noticed that the long rear extension arm that mounts the cans beind the third volume is an eyesore. I didn't want to just cut the extension off in case I wanted to retrun the bike to stock should any warranty issues arise ro should I sell the bike.

So, I came up with the idea to make a new bracket minus the extension. My father-in-law (who is an engineer) created this bracket and then powdercoated it black (semi-gloss). I transfered the bushing from the old bracket and reinstalled the frame mounting bolts.

Now, I know the bracket fits my '07 DX: however, I don't know what other frames this will fit. (You are responsible to make sure this will fit YOUR bike.) The bracket is not Pipe Brand-specific because it mounts at the third volume/frame point.

Since I now have a tally going of how many of these we need, I am ready to take orders and get my father-in-law making them.

The brackets are $50 shipped Cont US. (Had to edit due to shipping costs but can adjust if you're outside the cont. US)I ask that all the folks who are interested please post a request (especially the folks from the first thread). This way, everyone involved can track the transactions.

I prefer check/MO but do have a PayPal account that I will PM anyone who is interested.

Pics from the original thread:

The ugly stock bracket/extension:

My bracket:

Close-up of finish:

Installed:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheatin said:
Good idea man, I hope you sell a bunch!
Cheatin,

Thanks man, from the man himself.

Guys, FYI. For those of you I haven't updated; the first batch of brackets should be done by this Friday.

ALSO: I HAD TO EDIT THE ORIGINAL POST CONCERNING SHIPPING. I WAS A LITTLE EAGER AND JUST FOUND OUT HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO SHIP OUTSIDE THE CONT US ($80 TO AUSTRAILIA). So, please be aware, if this applies to you, I cannot honor the $50 shipped (I'll be paying YOU $30 to take the part:( ). However, I can work with those folks outside the cont US who are still interested and are willing to pay the shipping difference. Sorry for the mix up guys.

Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bracket

Thanks Chris, I would like one and will put $50 in the mail today (9-18-07). This has been bothering me ever since I had the tabs put on. Can't wait to put new bracket on. Hope you make a ton of dough!

Bill

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! I will ship the brackets in the order of payments received/cleared with MO's/PayPal taking priority (since I'll have to wait for checks to clear).

Again, thanks a ton guys/gals.

Chris

·
Registered
207 Posts
Chris - where do I mail the check to? Name and address please...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moe Dog said:
Chris - where do I mail the check to? Name and address please...
I just PM'd ya back. Sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
godfada said:
anyone knows if this will fit the R?
Not a 100% sure but I believe these will fit any of the bikes with the same 3rd volume (like the R, D and DX). But I could be completely incorrect and I don't know if they will be specific to the 240 bikes either.

Unfortunately, my '07 DX (240) is the only bike I have for reference.

If you find out before me, let me know.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Chris,

Money sent via PayPal just now...just ship to the address that is on the paypal summary.

George Lowe

·
Gigs07DX
469 Posts
Tab Bracket

Chris:

I have just sent you payment through paypal. Thanks in advance, hope you make out well with these. It is a great part to have.

Mike
9/19/2007

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
waterwerks said:
Chris,

Money sent via PayPal just now...just ship to the address that is on the paypal summary.

George Lowe
Just accepted Payment. Thanks again. Will ship as soon as I get them.

Chris

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gigs04vrod said:
Chris:

I have just sent you payment through paypal. Thanks in advance, hope you make out well with these. It is a great part to have.

Mike
9/19/2007
Just accepted Payment. Thanks again. Will ship as soon as I get them.

Chris

EDIT: All PM's answered. (I hope)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Payment Sent

Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply with your address. My check was mailed today.

Rick

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RETTOP said:
Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply with your address. My check was mailed today.

Rick
No problem. Right on, I'll be expecting it. I talked with my father-in-law again tonight and he said the due date is still this Friday.

So, best case scenario: If I have recieved payment (and, if applicable, your check has cleared by then, I will start shipping this Saturday.

Again, thanks guys.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rklein2828,

I received your check today. Will ship as soon as it clears. And THANKS!

All PM's answered.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts