Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use Tab exhaust on a D yet? I was thinking of giving them a try, since the cost is pretty cheap.

·
OldGoat
34 Posts
TABs

I have the package ordered but it will be awhile before I get them installed. The shop I go to with the dyno is backed up. I will post my findings when I get them.
OldGoat

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pipes

I just ordered the slash cut with the fueler for my "D". Waiting to see how it sounds in person. Seems like everyone that ordered them are happy, so we will see how it goes.

·
OldGoat
34 Posts
Sound

I basicly agree with masterofpuppets about the sound and I can't imagine why anyone would want their bike to be louder.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the chrome turnouts on my D. Also tab fuel manager and K&n filter. Fuel manager has presets for bike model and pipes. 3 pots for fine tuning. Pics in my gallery. easy install and they sound great. Very pleased.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i have the new "straight cuts" as i call them. they are not even pictured on the site. sound great with baffles. please do not order with out. thse are very loud!. make sure you get the fueler. my gas mileage has gone to hell but the acceleration off the line is awesome. i do have a few pics in the galery although they did not comeout reall well. ive gotten great compliments on the sound from air heads ( those that do not have a radiator) boy does it jump.:dance:

·
OldGoat
34 Posts
Install problem

I have the slashcut pipes installed and the TAB air filter and fuel manager yet to be installed. Did anyone have trouble installing the Tab fuel manager?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Anyone have trouble installing the Tab fuel manager?
No problem with the install. Very good step by step directions come included.

my gas mileage has gone to hell but the acceleration off the line is awesome.

If you call 35 to 40 mpg hell, then hell is what you have to live with. I can live with it. Your mileage will vary depending on how strong your right wrist is. I have some fun, but do alot of just cruising. 70 mph on the highway and I get 40+ mpg.

TAB air filter? Has he changed from K&N?

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Didn't have a problem on install but I did have a problem with tuning but that was due to the fact of me being a total newb when I got them. Lol.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
A buddy of mine ordered a set for his A model and had them shipped to me as I will do the install for him. I still can not believe that people are paying $199.00 for a set of exaust tips that are worth and could be had for $20.00 each.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
BJKELLEY said:
Anybody use Tab exhaust on a D yet? I was thinking of giving them a try, since the cost is pretty cheap.
Easy install and all of my friends like them too! I had to play with different maps and ended up working out well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
:2cents:
DTHDOC said:
A buddy of mine ordered a set for his A model and had them shipped to me as I will do the install for him. I still can not believe that people are paying $199.00 for a set of exaust tips that are worth and could be had for $20.00 each.[/QUOTE]

Don't take this wrong, but if this is your freind, and you could have done this mod for him for less, then why didn't you do this for him ?

If the tips were readily available, ready to install with NO modification, then I'm sure that every one that was interested, would buy them. I, personally and professionally, dont have the time to modify what can be bought elsewhere with no mods. If someone would offer this mod(pipes), includinding the fuel managerand air filter, then I for one , for a lower price would have ordered it. But, It is not.

I know, after reading alot of threads, that this mod was born on this forum in the past, and someone capitalized on it. This is the USA right ? Sorry to all that may take offense to this post, but we are inthe USA, right?
Just my :2cents:

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
ajam318 said:
:2cents:
DTHDOC said:
A buddy of mine ordered a set for his A model and had them shipped to me as I will do the install for him. I still can not believe that people are paying $199.00 for a set of exaust tips that are worth and could be had for $20.00 each.[/QUOTE]

Don't take this wrong, but if this is your freind, and you could have done this mod for him for less, then why didn't you do this for him ?

If the tips were readily available, ready to install with NO modification, then I'm sure that every one that was interested, would buy them. I, personally and professionally, dont have the time to modify what can be bought elsewhere with no mods. If someone would offer this mod(pipes), includinding the fuel managerand air filter, then I for one , for a lower price would have ordered it. But, It is not.

I know, after reading alot of threads, that this mod was born on this forum in the past, and someone capitalized on it. This is the USA right ? Sorry to all that may take offense to this post, but we are inthe USA, right?
Just my :2cents:
I understand where you are coming from and yes people will pay for convenience, just a fact of life.

There are tons of tips available that are direct bolt on without any mods, you just need to know where to look.

My buddy ordered them from Iraq and they just showed up and he asked me after the fact to install on his A.

The tips are way overpriced however, as a package I feel it is a reasonable deal and you are getting what you pay for. That said I have to say the install took me 20 minutes from start to finish and of all the fuelers I have played with, this one is by far the best and I like the fact that it taps into the throttle position sensor.

Out of the box the fueler is right on and provides a very smooth power curve and a nice increase in performance and it removed the lean surge of the stock set-up and it has great throttle response.

ALL in all, this is no CFR and SERT, but it is a great package for anyone looking for better sound and a little performance increase

·
OldGoat
34 Posts
Easy and foolproof to install.

I have TAB pipes with baffles, tuner and filter on a 2006 VRSCD. A little louder than I wanted but sounds great.
I don't know if a dyno would show it but seat of pants feels like a big boost of bottom end power which is just what a VROD needs.

·
Banned
868 Posts
rdlcr said:
I have TAB pipes with baffles, tuner and filter on a 2006 VRSCD. A little louder than I wanted but sounds great.
I don't know if a dyno would show it but seat of pants feels like a big boost of bottom end power which is just what a VROD needs.
I have the black slash cuts on mine. Sounds great, looks great and sheds a lot of the stock muffler weight. Seat of the pants feels strong, on the dyno, lost over 7 hp from my well tuned stock exhaust. I like them enough that I'm not going back to stock and I added juice so the hp I lost don't matter now.
Dana
There's a pic in the 'Boss Noss' thread by Wildbill page 2

1 - 20 of 39 Posts