Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question but if I buy the Tab exhaust with the baffles, a) are those removable if I dislike the sound? B) will I need a tuner? Or to put it on a dyno? Reason I ask is, was gonna have the dealer I bought the bike from put on a V&H exhaust (they didn't offer tab) but they said I'd need a tuner and that I'd need to put it on a dyno, as that it's not possible to put slipons on a vrod without putting it on a dyno and tuner. So was wondering how true that is. Trying to decide between new exhaust or drilling holes in the stock baffles.

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey

·
Registered
9 Posts
exhaust reply

Look at vmod stage one, fast turn around supposedly and easy install, that's what I'm doing to my 08 AW. But, you need to buy the power commander.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the Tabs with baffles. I like the way they sound (deep throat). They are loud enough to set off some vibration sensors in cars, but not too loud. I put on a PCV and then found I needed the auto tune to get the pipes to settle in right. Started up the bike 2 days ago, after it winter sleep. It sounds great.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts