Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up early Saturday morning and installed my Tab Exhaust and Fuel Manager. The install was straight forward and the fuel manager seems to work perfectly. No popping on decelleration and I can feel more power throughout the rpm range. Also the sound is awesome! Mine are the ones with no baffles. Here's a pic >>>

Also, the stock cans must weigh at least 20 pounds each! That's almost 40 pounds on one side!

·
PJ
17 Posts
Tab Slash Cut

I bought the whole package: exhaust, fuel manager, air filter, spoke with Todd himself.

Was told if the fuel manager was defective or could not be tuned he would take it back.

Also told it was the same basic electronics as the Power Commander V, just set up to be tunable.

Install took 2 hours with a friends help for moral support. The instructions were perfectly clear.

I can not believe how much better the bike sounds.

The mapping on my Night Rod worked perfectly. No tuning will be required.

Went out and broke my local 1/4 mile time by 10mph, with out using all the throttle.

Bike is smooth as ever, no smoke, and I love the deep rumble they make.

Thank you Tab, Thank you Todd. A very happy customer.

Looks just like the ad.

pj

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the whole package: exhaust, fuel manager, air filter, spoke with Todd himself.

Was told if the fuel manager was defective or could not be tuned he would take it back.

Also told it was the same basic electronics as the Power Commander V, just set up to be tunable.

The mapping on my Night Rod worked perfectly. No tuning will be required.
I was a little worried about the tunning not being dead on, but the bike runs good. They definetly did their R&D on the dyno tunes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a probalem this past week with my tuner breaking (something internal). Spoke to Todd and he sent one out right away, and the bike is great again. I am a very happy customer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a probalem this past week with my tuner breaking (something internal). Spoke to Todd and he sent one out right away, and the bike is great again. I am a very happy customer.
Cool. They seem to be great guys. Before I ordered my parts I called them and told them I was about to order online; They told me as soon as I ordered they would send them right out. I got everything in two days.:D

·
911Punisher
129 Posts
Yeah those Tabs are freakin' sweet!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah those Tabs are freakin' sweet!

Yep, the bike now sounds like it looks (bad azz). I've been riding around all day enjoying the sound and perfomance. I really think a piped Vrod sound meaner than the air cooled Harleys. You can hear the deep rumble and the high pitched gear driven cams. It sounds like what it is; a high performance bike!

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK, where did you get the setup and if you don't mind, what did it run you? I started another thread about how I wanted to cheap out on a whole new exhaust system, comp, and dyno tuning. This seems more like what I'd like to accomplish for now!
Thanks,
SD Mike

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
I put the tab slash cuts with no baffles on mine with filter and fuel manager this past Thursday. Getting some serious popping on decel so she needs some tweaking. Going to hit the dyno some time this week and get it straightened out. And possibly going to change to the baffles as well cause damn its obnoxiously loud lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, where did you get the setup and if you don't mind, what did it run you? I started another thread about how I wanted to cheap out on a whole new exhaust system, comp, and dyno tuning. This seems more like what I'd like to accomplish for now!
Thanks,
SD Mike
www.tabperformance.com

The cost to me was $550 with tax; not cheap but it was a little cheaper than most aftermarket slip-on exhaust (especially when you add the tuner to the package).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put the tab slash cuts with no baffles on mine with filter and fuel manager this past Thursday. Getting some serious popping on decel so she needs some tweaking. Going to hit the dyno some time this week and get it straightened out. And possibly going to change to the baffles as well cause damn its obnoxiously loud lol

So far I've heard no popping on mine, but I did keep the stock filter in place so maybe that's why? I love the non-baffles sound. :D

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts

Just put mine on Thursday evening. Turned alot of heads at the lake this weekend.

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
So far I've heard no popping on mine, but I did keep the stock filter in place so maybe that's why? I love the non-baffles sound. :D
I love the sound. But I do alot of riding in Virginia and the Leo's can be somewhat...... anal....... so I am looking in to a removeable baffle alternative.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love the sound. But I do alot of riding in Virginia and the Leo's can be somewhat...... anal....... so I am looking in to a removeable baffle alternative.

Let me know what you come up with for some removeable baffles. I wouldn't mind having that option for say a long trip. Will Tab Performance sell you the baffles?

·
DX/FLHX
10 Posts

I think I have read this thread but just saw the pic. That is f'in great! My wife gets mad about the garage just being for the bikes and another project bike coming... Couldn't imagine her letting it near the inside. Great laugh early in the morning at work. Been raining like crazy, want to ride!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts