Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going through the forms a bit, but I can't quite find the answers to my questions, so I'll post this in hopes of getting them answered. Sorry if I'm a bit of a newb, but my 08 VRSCDX is my 1st street bike. I know all about cars, but I've never done real work on bikes. So to the issue.. I'm tired of it sounding like a sewing machine, and I've been researching exhaust for the past couple of weeks. Based on the COUNTLESS videos I've watched, I like the sound of the Tab exhaust. My first question is on whether to go with the baffled or non-baffled. I'm looking for a nice low rumble at idle, and I don't need a NASCAR sound at high RPMs. Onto the 2nd question. Which fuel mapper should I go with? The one Tab makes or PCIII?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I have the Tab slash cut baffled and it is plenty loud. I did run Tab's fueler for a couple of years and the only complaint is that when I got hard on the throttle, a cloud of black smoke trailed me. I bought a Power Commander V last month and that cleared up most of the black smoke and the throttle response has greatly improved.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the tabs nonbaffled and they are pretty loud but i love the sound and so does my friends. You should go with the pc I had the tab fueler and could not get it to work well at all. Now i have the pc3 and it works great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the tabs nonbaffled and they are pretty loud but i love the sound and so does my friends. You should go with the pc I had the tab fueler and could not get it to work well at all. Now i have the pc3 and it works great.
I was looking at the PCIII, but I couldn't find any maps for the Tab exhaust. Did you just play with it until you found V-Rod happiness?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have about 5 different maps for that setup one is from dynojet for the 09. If you need one just let me know and i will send them to you.

·
riding Ocean
173 Posts
Tab slash-cut _baffled_ I have are plenty loud. I personally think unbaffled would be too much for me. I heard the sound of unbaffled ones and the "note" was exactly the same just twice louder. I don't think it would be fun for longer rides.
I have the HD tuning solution. It was a bit pricey and required a dyno run but engine is smooth as glass throughout the whole range. I am very happy with it and I think it was worth the money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have the tab slah cut and fueler bought here from a member its loud enough for me. on long rides it settles into anice melow tone but the cages know iam there . i have a little pop on the deceleration but other than that it suits me quite well

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 2012 nrs, with baffled tabs & auto-tuner,with a low, heavy, rumble,sound the people will know U R there and havent had a problem. (Remember the worst day on your bike, is better than the best day in the office.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had on my '07 tab slash cut baffled and tab FM for two an a half years, until 4 months ago, when FM died. Now I have PC V, and still looking for the proper map. Sounds really good, loud enough for me.

·
2012 V-Rider 10th AE
80 Posts
I have a 2012 nrs, with baffled tabs & auto-tuner,with a low, heavy, rumble,sound the people will know U R there and havent had a problem. (Remember the worst day on your bike, is better than the best day in the office.)
X2...same set up here and have not had any issues with it. Plenty loud for me and love that deep rumble sound.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had a 2 into 1 exhaust on my 09 was way too damn loud after awhile. With my 2011 DX i went with simple Tab slash cut baffled exhaust. Believe it or not the stock header pipes are pretty good from a power standpoint. Plus, I wanted to put on mid controls and the easiest way to do that was to leave the stock headers. I use harley's tuner, but on my 09 I had the PC V and it was super easy to use.

HS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts