Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience running both baffles? I currently have the 2's installed in my Tabs and was wondering what the sound difference between the two is like. Is it just pure volume? Do the larger baffles have a deeper sound? Does one "drone" more than the other at cruise?

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
Has anyone had any experience running both baffles? I currently have the 2's installed in my Tabs and was wondering what the sound difference between the two is like. Is it just pure volume? Do the larger baffles have a deeper sound? Does one "drone" more than the other at cruise?

:popcorn

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
I just got this from Todd at TAB after questioning him on the baffle size.

"To answer your questions:

I'm assuming you are talking about the pipes for the Muscle and if so you are correct the pipes on eBay and my website say 2.0" louvered core baffles and that is what they have in them. A couple of months ago we made a change from the 2.5" baffles which were getting some complaints on being too loud so we tightened them up a half inch to quieten them down just a bit and so far everyone that has purchased them loves the sound and we have not had one complaint saying that aren't loud enough so I think it was a good move. Having said that Eastern Performance just hasn't made the change on their website to the new baffle size however if you purchase from them your pipes will have the 2.0" baffles in them. If down the road you ever wanted to install the larger baffles to make them louder I do keep those in stock for ordering. They are $60/set.

Thanks,

Todd"

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dabusses, thanks for the info...with that I think I'll stick to the 2's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just purchased some from ebay from eastern and they advertise 2.5 which is what i want!! Be a little dissapointed to find out there they have 2 inch baffling and now if i want louder pipes ill have to pay another 60??

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just purchased some from ebay from eastern and they advertise 2.5 which is what i want!! Be a little dissapointed to find out there they have 2 inch baffling and now if i want louder pipes ill have to pay another 60??
Hi think you should contact Eastern as they have mis sold you the pipes...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea im trying to open up a line of communication with bothTab and eastern. Kinda a curvball to find out they switched baffels like that IMO when the main video i.based my decision on about my purchase is the one that's been out for awhile, was produced by Tab, and with what im 90% certain is a muscle with the 2.5's on it. Idk, everything I've heard about Tab's costumer service has been stellar, so hoping they or eastern step up on this one.

Has anyone ran both on there bike??? Big noticeable diff in sound?? (Loud is right for me) Or am i just splitting hairs here?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dblbeez, the 2's are loud IMO. I think they are right at the threshold of being too loud for me. Of course I have not run the 2.5's to compare them to. I was wondering if the 2.5's were and deeper in tone. I have also heard from another member that the 2.5's are too loud for extended riding and none of your buddies will want to ride behind you. On the other hand I'd be pissed if I bought one thing and got another.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had pipes with 2.0 and 2.5 baffles and there isn't a massive difference between the two.

I found the 2.0 baffles sounded deeper, more mellow and less blatty

Only thing is that was on my Fatboy - I think the concept should be the same thou

Hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tab Performance on V Rod Muscle

Just got mine installed. I wrote Tab to verify which baffles I had. They informed me the 2.0" are the only baffles they are offering for the muscle at this time. As others have posted, much deeper sound with borderline of being too loud. Definitely a better sound than the stock pipes:moped:. Glad I ordered them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered the tab pipes with the 2 inch and also ordered the 2.5 baffles, im gonna try both this week ill let everyone know what I think.

·
Juice
136 Posts
Does anybody here still have the 2.5 baffle they want to sell or know where I can buy it?

·
Juice
136 Posts
tab performance website. Pipes are $449.00

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Where are you guys buying your Tabs and what price are you paying? Thanks.
Get them strait from Todd at www.tabperformance.com
All the ones on ebay and elswhere are the same price. Dont forget to get the autotuner. See the link in my signature line for videos of the tuner and pipes

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've run 2.0's, 2.5's and no baffles at all. First point, no matter what baffle you run, you should install the big city thunder header baffles along with them. The straight through design of the tab baffle, even the 2.0 size, does not create enough back pressure for the motor to run it's best. With the big city thunder header baffles, you do not need muffler baffles if you do not want to. I ran this set up for a while and although you will be hardpressed to find a meaner sounding exhaust anywhere, it is way loud, so loud that kids hold their ears when you drive by, people roll up windows in traffic and you'll set off car alarms, and your neighbors will be mf'ing you for sure. It almost sounds like a top fuel dragser... After 30 min of riding, my ears will ring even with a full face helmet. I love the loud sound it but my hearing is more important. After running both the 2.5 and 2.0, I definitely do not like the sound of the 2.0, the 2.5's are definitely the way you want to go. With all that being said, I run a custom tapered 2.0 to 2.5 baffle. The design of the tab baffle is not optimum for best flow due to the hour glass design, I modified mine and I feel I have the best of everything going on. Took many trials to get it right but I am very happy with the sound and power.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
First point, no matter what baffle you run, you should install the big city thunder header baffles along with them.
Which model of baffle did you put in? What bike are you riding? I don't see a sig line or anything in your profile...

You say the hour glass design of the tab baffle is not good but all of big city's are hourglass shaped.....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Which model of baffle did you put in? What bike are you riding? I don't see a sig line or anything in your profile...

You say the hour glass design of the tab baffle is not good but all of big city's are hourglass shaped.....
I ride a Muscle and the big city baffles I have are the QQ's.
Based on size and location, you can not compare the two baffle shapes and the effect on the flow dynamics. Saying that they are both hourglass shapped is too general of a statement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts