Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES! I got my '08 DX in denim/vivid today! No ABS with security. Put 120 Miles on it instantly driving it back from the dealer. God I love it...a little too quiet, but that can be fixed.

I know, I know...

:worthless

I'll post some high quality pics later tonight.

Seat was very comfortable for that initial > 100 miles ride. The exhaust has to be fixed though.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats!

·
I DON,T KNOW WHY
257 Posts
:cheers: Thats Great, ride safe.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Get those pics up!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gallery

I put a bunch of pics in my gallery. Some close-ups of interesting parts/components. The one below is just the generic profile.

Initial thoughts:
The clutch is like butter. Shifts excellently. Much different then my sporty.
Very comfortable. Tested the upper powerband on the Atlantic City expressway in passes and just goofing off. Incredible...and I'm a big guy.
Too quiet.

I'm going to go ride.

Chat with y'all in a few.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome, I picked up my 08 vivid/orange last week. Now, if we can get some FI/Exhaust stuff for our bikes we'll be set!

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Great ride: Man you musta chalked up some miles From Denver to Atlantic City?:confused: That's the way to break 'em in:angeldev:

·
Black Beauty
492 Posts
Congrats, enjoy the ride!

·
WTF?
128 Posts
fafa, you must be a Stern fan too. I think I test drove your bike or their demo Saturday morning around 9am at ACHD. Did you buy the demo? I fell in love with the bike but wanted a Vivid Black one. I agree it ran awesome!! I am going to put down a deposit tommorrow on one.
Please PM me and let me know the deal you got and who you dealt with at ACHD. Enjoy the bike, Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
beavis said:
fafa, you must be a Stern fan too. I think I test drove your bike or their demo Saturday morning around 9am at ACHD. Did you buy the demo? I fell in love with the bike but wanted a Vivid Black one. I agree it ran awesome!! I am going to put down a deposit tommorrow on one.
Please PM me and let me know the deal you got and who you dealt with at ACHD. Enjoy the bike, Thanks
Yep...Stern rules. Possibly...it had 27 miles on it when I bought it. It was their demo. they sold it to me at MSRP and I purchased the extended warranty. They threw in the 1000 and 2500 mile tuneups. Very nice people there...they introduced me to the parts manager and service manager and gave me a great walk-around and going away feeling. Dean in Sales reserved the bike for me. Al in sales did most of the paper work. They tag teamed it.

I'm in the process of moving from Denver to NJ for a two year work stint. My permanent addy is in Denver, but I'm in the process of buying a house in NJ. All my shit is in Denver and I work in NJ now...traveling almost every week. So, in NJ i have my NRS and a hotel room.

I'm bringing my 06 sporty out to NJ too in the hopes of selloing it. 883 Custom 1200 miles if anyone is interested. :wazzup:

Wife and kids are coming out next week...we have corporate housing for 90 days until we can find a house. It's hard registering a bike out of state I learned. But, money talks and BS walks as always...

320 miles clocked on the sucker today and I'm jonesin' for more. There's always tomorrow if I don't wake up dead.

Glad to be hanging out here (most) everyone I've met here is cool.

Fafa

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
fafafooey said:
So, in NJ i have my NRS and a hotel room.
This sounds like the perfect setup, someone cleaning up after you at home so you can ride on all your free time ;)

Congrats on the ride, and keep it safe out there :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way:

I originally reserved a black/orange one at two locations, but because of my move and other BS and mostly because the other two locations ship schedule was fubar'ed I happened upon this one in stock.

So, if anyone needs a NRS (one in CO and one in NJ) I have them reserved. Email or PM me ASAP because I plan to get my deposits back ASAP.

Thanks.

Jonesin Fafa

·
WTF?
128 Posts
Did they get you for freight/prep? I left a message for Al tonight, asking for a few more $ on my trade but now that their demo sold in 1 day after they prepped it, I dont know if he will. Congrats on the bike and hopefully we will meet at ACHD some day. By the way, what dealer do you have the deposit on in NJ? When is it due, and what did you pay? I may need a backup deal.
thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts