Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 vrscdx and am going to do some quick minor work to it.

I’m deciding between the Iron 883 handle bars and the extended reach bars. I’m 5’11 and am really not that hunched over but it is a little uncomfortable as I’m leaning my weight on my hands quite a bit. I can see it being a lot for 1+ hr rides. Is the Iron 883 a noticeable difference or should I just go with the extended reach bars. Only concern is that the extended reach bars may be a little too far back.

Second, I ordered a slipper clutch. I was curious if to get the 20% less torque to pull in the clutch if you had to replace the control or lever on the handle bar or is it just on the actual clutch and I’ll just feel the difference.

Couldn’t find anything on the search with my slipper clutch question. Thanks!

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,184 Posts
For the clutch you don't have to replace anything on the handlebars. Just install your new slipper clutch pack with a new nut as recommended.

Reactions: ClevelandOH27

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The 20% reduced lever effort is due to the slipper using 4 springs vs 5 springs on non slipper. While clamping force is increased under load more than the non slipper clamp force.

Reactions: streetrodracer

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Do you have the DX higher one piece cast riser installed below your handlebars ? I just put 2012 DX bars ( without the riser ) on my R Model and they're just about perfect, I'm 5'9" with long arms so you shouldn't be putting much weight on your wrists with DX bars & the OEM H-D one piece cast riser, you should be sitting upright so take a look for the correct riser might be all you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts