Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I purchased a 2014 Night Rod Special and it has mid foot controls installed. Not sure if the last owner was trying to make it more of a sport bike or if they were just short (I bought it from a dealer) but the controls are too short for me... my legs are all scrunched up.

In order to switch back to forward controls, is there anything I need beyond a forward control conversion kit such as the ones off alteredstatedesign.net

From what I can see, those kits still requires stock forward controls axles that it uses.

I have seen past posts regarding forward controls conversions on this forum but those were for earlier models - the forward controls were changed in 2012+ models from what I understand.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hey man,
I am the owner of Altered State. You will need a master cylinder, controls (including axles), shift rod, brake line and various brake line fittings. As long as you have the front lower right framerail it isn't that bad.

You can use the stock axles with stock controls as well. You just need the reduced mounts, axles and the arms themselves.

Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

-Keith

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Selling mid-control parts?

Hi there, I purchased a 2014 Night Rod Special and it has mid foot controls installed. Not sure if the last owner was trying to make it more of a sport bike or if they were just short (I bought it from a dealer) but the controls are too short for me... my legs are all scrunched up.

In order to switch back to forward controls, is there anything I need beyond a forward control conversion kit such as the ones off alteredstatedesign.net

From what I can see, those kits still requires stock forward controls axles that it uses.

I have seen past posts regarding forward controls conversions on this forum but those were for earlier models - the forward controls were changed in 2012+ models from what I understand.

Would you be willing to sell those mid-control parts? I am looking for that kit for a Night Rod Special. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
KillerVROD

Don't you need the left front lower framerail also?

Thanks
No just the right one. You need the right one for the brake MC mount.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
KillerVROD

Don't you need the left front lower framerail also?

Thanks
No just the right one. You need the right one for the brake MC mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts