Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First post here...I should probably introduce myself in the new members area first but...I'll get to that shortly.
New this Vrod world but not new to Harleys.

Starting to dig into a 2011 Muscle, I popped the swingarm off over the weekend, when I was reassembling last night it seems like the swingarm is sticking out a little on the right side. I should have took closer notice before I pulled it out to be sure it was going back in correctly. It seems right, I pulled it off and started over a second time to be sure, bearings are good, spacer orientation is correct (confirmed with the online parts fiche) I have a feeling it was like this before but want to be sure before I'm leaned over in a corner and find out its not the hard way!

I've searched here, searched online and tried to google other pics/video's to be sure but no luck..can one of you vrod experts tell me if this spacing looks correct?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Hi Guys,

First post here...I should probably introduce myself in the new members area first but...I'll get to that shortly.
New this Vrod world but not new to Harleys.

Starting to dig into a 2011 Muscle, I popped the swingarm off over the weekend, when I was reassembling last night it seems like the swingarm is sticking out a little on the right side. I should have took closer notice before I pulled it out to be sure it was going back in correctly. It seems right, I pulled it off and started over a second time to be sure, bearings are good, spacer orientation is correct (confirmed with the online parts fiche) I have a feeling it was like this before but want to be sure before I'm leaned over in a corner and find out its not the hard way!

I've searched here, searched online and tried to google other pics/video's to be sure but no luck..can one of you vrod experts tell me if this spacing looks correct?

View attachment 607197

View attachment 607198
That looks normal to me. The spacer on left side controls where the right ends up. The shaft end with the internal hex on the right side will stick out past the bore face, a hair less then 1/16" also indicating it being correct.
Ron

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
The swingarm on these is constrained side/side on the left side of the chassis. The right side just pivots. Some lube there is a good idea.
The pivot actually goes through the rear of the engine casing and it ties the swingarm and engine together as a unit which is rubber mounted within the chassis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I thought it was correct but figured I better double check (I did lube the pivot axle when reinstalling)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Late to the show here... Glad you got it figured out... What part of the great white north are you from? Always good to see another Canuck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts