Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use a little help or some ideas. I have an 07 DX I recently picked up that had Rizoma mids on it. I pulled them and swapped for the stock forwards from another forum member, thus replacing the Rizoma swing arm pivot bolt with the stock bolt. The bike was down for a bit during this time and now that I'm getting it back together I feel what appears to be a slight wobble in the rear tire.

I pulled the covers and bolt last night to have another look to see if there's anything obvious. The only thing I see is that the bolt end (left side of bike) does not appear to be perfectly center. Kind of at a loss but trying to avoid bringing it to the dealer unless I really have to. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
The swing arm has a rubber bushing that is a motor mount. The swing arm pivot bolt runs through it.If the hole in the center of the bushing is oval instead of round it needs to be replaced. There is one on the right side also. Probably has nothing to do with your wobble however.

Did the Rizoma come with its own swing arm and spacers? Maybe a spacer issue.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RustyG,
Thanks for the response. I did have to loosen the 2 allen bolts on the right side to allow the rubber bushing to move so I could get the new pivot bolt through.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the Rizomas came with differnent bushings for the swing arm. Interestingly enough, there appears to be a steel bushing in the spares box I got from the estate of the previous owner.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
I just installed a set of Rizoma's and they don't come with any extra spacers or bushings. You still need the stock spacer that goes between the swing arm and frame on the pulley side though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed a set of Rizoma's and they don't come with any extra spacers or bushings. You still need the stock spacer that goes between the swing arm and frame on the pulley side though.
Thanks Demthios. On the pulley side it I have the oval bushing in the swing arm and then the bushing on probably 2" long bushing between the swing arm and frame. Does that sound about right?

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Yeah the original set up would be something like this from pulley to clutch: axle - swingarm(with pivot bearing in it) - 2" spacer(roughly or size) - engine mount - rear of engine - engine mount - swingarm(should had a smaller bushing pressed in the arm) - axle.

This is how it is set up on my 05 and they haven't changed the pivot setup since then I believe.

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
Your stock 2007 swing arm does not have rubber bushings in it. The left side has a roller bearing. the right side has a steel bushing. If your swing arm has a rubber bushing then it is part of the Rizoma swing arm. If it is oval, contact them and get a a new bushing.
Check out the parts catalog picture below

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. The set-up appears to be correct and the bushings don't appear to be oval. I suppose it could be just me since the bike has been down for 5+ weeks and I forgot how it feels. I may just break down and have the dealer check it to play it safe. How bad could it be :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts