Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a 3rd annual Show and Shine custom car truck and motorcycle show in my town yesterday. I only decided Friday I was going to enter, so I stayed u real late to get all of the bikes ready. I planned to use a similar setup to what I did for the EasyRider show with the exception that I would have 2 of my bikes entered and the 'R drag bike as background. As it turned out, there were only 3 bike classes (and over 40 car/truck/SUV classes) which were Sport, Cruiser and Chopper. I entered both of mine in the Cruiser category.

By the time the show started, there were another 4 or so Harleys in the Cruiser class, a beautifully restored WWII Harley with all of the accessories (including the owner wearing an MP uniform), but about 20 sportbikes and 3 choppers.... not a very good Bike Twin showing. As it turns out, the motorcycle class was sponsored by a club called Wicked Riders which is a sportbike club. That club was also judging the bikes so I was not sure how things would turn out.

When the announced the winners, I took second place with the '05 'B' (BAD V-R) and first with the '06 'D' (SLAM'D-V) and much to my surprise, SLAM'D-V took best in show and a $200 gift certificate to a local motor sports shop!

Not a bad day at all..... my late night work and early morning touch-up paid off.

Here are some pictures from the show including a bicycle that should be in the Liberace museum (it actually won first place foe custom Bicycle) and a car that will give you nose bleeds.

Attachments

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nate552 said:
Congrats Frank, you deserve those wins with the bikes you have! :notworth: Where was it? Maudd Cobb?
Yeap, I was inside, but there was at least another 100+ vehicles outside.... pays to get there early!

There was a bunch of Low Rider clubs in from the Dallas and Waco area.... some wild stuff, but not a whole lot that suited my taste.

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kerryw said:
nice job, frank. (only 2nd with bad v-r? :wazzup: )

beautiful bikes, both. :notworth:
Well, when they are both in the same class, they both can't be first. I actually did think about putting one in the Sportbike class, but when I saw how many were in the class and who was judging, I figured I was better off running them together.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The bikes are looking good Frank. Congratulations on the wins.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
staticfiend said:
Congrats hombre! That Crown Vic is ridiculous!
So is that bicycle!:spank:

·
FireBum
485 Posts
I imagine a day like that helps justify all of the work. Your stuff rocks.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have always admired your work...congrats on the wins.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Congrats Frank.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Beautiful bikes:thumb: You deserved the wins.

Where did you get the carbon fiber swingarm?

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Congrats! You deserve to win with those badass bikes!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts