Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you guy's order your suspension?
I've looked at progressivesuspension.com but couldn't select a VRSCDX.
I'm alsow looking for some prices of the suspension kits.

Can you change them out yourselve or did you let the dealer do it?
Did you change the front alsow?

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
I read about someone talking to Progressive and they sold them shocks and some new spacers that they made for the DX and it appears to be working fine. If I were you, I would call Progressive and ask about these spacers they have made for the DX. As far as changing the rear shocks yourself, it is really easy if you have a motorcycle lift/jack. The front is a different story, I am not going to attempt that one myself, but some on here that are better with a wrench have done these. Hopefully the person that had the progressives installed on the DX properly will chime in here. But from what I read, they don't list them on their site because the spacers were not correct for the DX. The spacers push the shocks out away from the bike so they don't hit anything, since they are wider than the stock shocks. There is a spacer on the top and bottom so that the shock is level on a horizontal level.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mnerren said:
I read about someone talking to Progressive and they sold them shocks and some new spacers that they made for the DX and it appears to be working fine. If I were you, I would call Progressive and ask about these spacers they have made for the DX. As far as changing the rear shocks yourself, it is really easy if you have a motorcycle lift/jack. The front is a different story, I am not going to attempt that one myself, but some on here that are better with a wrench have done these. Hopefully the person that had the progressives installed on the DX properly will chime in here. But from what I read, they don't list them on their site because the spacers were not correct for the DX. The spacers push the shocks out away from the bike so they don't hit anything, since they are wider than the stock shocks. There is a spacer on the top and bottom so that the shock is level on a horizontal level.
Thanks, mnerren!

Does anyone have a price on the rear shocks, I'm breaking my back on this bike!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rklein2828 said:
I ordered the 13'' heavy duty from www.onestopmoto.com I weight 230 that's why I whent with the HD 'S. you can look in my gallery to see them up close

Did you fit them yourselve? Anything that I should pay attention to?
I'm sending them an email with my weight so that they can advice me.
Don't see any 2007 model on the site

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mnerren said:
I asked progressive by mail, and this whas the answer:

I am sorry but we do not at this time offer a shock for any 07 v-rods we are still in that apps stage.

sorry for the wait. Justin

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Dutch, Progressive might not realize it but the 440's work fine for the DX. Like RKLIEN I ordered 13" HD shocks and they bolted right up & feel great. I also weigh 230 and ordered these based on his recommendation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zcat said:
Dutch, Progressive might not realize it but the 440's work fine for the DX. Like RKLIEN I ordered 13" HD shocks and they bolted right up & feel great. I also weigh 230 and ordered these based on his recommendation.
Did you need any extra spacers to make it fit, or does it just fit?
You just ordered the shocks for the '06 models? And then 13"?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
zcat said:
Progessive is making a shock specifically for the 240 rear tires. The regular V-Rod ones work fine, but if progressive is making a shock specifically designed for the 240mm rear tire, I would suggest waiting until they have them ready to go if you can. I trust that the differences in dampening rate are the reason they are re-vamping the shock. :2cents:

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
I got Progressive 440's 12" on ebay for $399. If you need more info on the retailer, PM me. They were brand new in box and so far I have had no issues with them. Nice ride and look.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mnerren said:
I got Progressive 440's 12" on ebay for $399. If you need more info on the retailer, PM me. They were brand new in box and so far I have had no issues with them. Nice ride and look.
This is the deal I can get at MAWonline:

(87389) Progressive 440 Series Shocks #4404056B $388.95
(87373) Progressive Fork Springs #111525 52.95
Freight 103.45
Insurance/Hand 17.68
Total $563.03
Can someone check if I'm ordering the right codes? Thanks!

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
info

DutchRider said:
This is the deal I can get at MAWonline:

(87389) Progressive 440 Series Shocks #4404056B $388.95
(87373) Progressive Fork Springs #111525 52.95
Freight 103.45
Insurance/Hand 17.68
Total $563.03
Can someone check if I'm ordering the right codes? Thanks!
388.95 seems to be a great deal...... :D cut/paste below from the MAW site

[4404056B ] $534.95 13.0`` SHK 440 STD BLK Closeout No Return

from the site it looks like the Heavy Duty is

[4404057B ] $534.95 13.0`` SHK 440 H/D BLK Closeout No Return

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Tejaspecial, I don't know where you got that, but I only paid the $388.95 for mine from MAW. Here's a screen shot:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts