Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acting on a thread, I visited the Surdyke online catalog. Ordered the following: passenger pillion, low upright sissy bar, sissy bar pad. Also ordered the fender base plate and luggage rack (black finish). The online catalog listed all the parts in stock. Received the passenger pillion and the backrest pad but not the other items. After several email messages inquiring as to the status of the remaining items, I was finally contacted only to be told that they no longer carry these items. :hmm: However as of this evening, they are still listed as available on their online catalog. Just a heads up in case anyone else is considering placing an order with them. That kind of marketing approach just does not give me "that warm fuzzy feeling."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Surdyke.com... so far so good

Hmmm... I think I am now on something like my third or fourth order from them, so far mostly positive results.

Once missed the grips on one order, and my email inquiry took about 4-5 days to respond. Everything turned out all right in the end, they credited back the amount at my request.

Price is hard to beat, always list at 20% discount or more... but if they don't actually stock the parts it doesn't really matter what the price is listed at.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I've only dealt with Hales for mail order factory parts and have had a 100% perfect experience. Since you call in your order they tell you up front what's in stock and how long it should take to get out of stock items. Always 20% off and always friendly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered parts from them. They sent the wrong parts. I returned them. Never to get the right parts. Sent many e-mails and phone calls. Called credit card company to file complaint. I got a credit from credit card company, they said they could not get a responce from them either. Surdyke sucks and I would not order from them...

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Two orders with multiple items with Surdyke and no problems. Well, actually one minor problem. They charged my credit card twice by mistake. But I emailed them about the problem and they corrected it right away. I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was an honest error. They still have a thumbs up from me.

·
AMF
423 Posts
Surdyke's online catalog is a little misleading. If it is available from Harley, it is available from Surdyke. They do NOT stock most of the items that they price on the website. After you order from them, they order from HD. It will take a couple of weeks to get your complete order. The problem is that they don't tell you this when you order from them. I found this out by having a small issue with an order and speaking with a customer service rep.

If you want to save 20% on everything you order and up to 50% on closeout items, go with Surdyke. I can wait to save that kind of money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts