Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RFFR
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i need some help i installed a set of supertrapps on my 04 vrsca and the pipes sound like a moped. i used the 12 dics and the plate and they sound horrible also the bike is very sluggish. this i would imagine because i have to install my power commander but whats with the sound. i ordered a set of 12 extra discs will this help? thanks,

·
Noel
4,611 Posts
You could start by adding washers (on each bolt) between each plate starting with those closest to the end plate, I have three disks gapped out in this fashion.

if that is not loud enough, or provides enough flow...

I also put in a five 3/8 holes on center of the end platem this added more ~Sound~. my engine is a 1320 Big Bore.

or

Remove the endplates & Disks & take a chance on not getting stopped for making too much noise.

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
I just changed mine to 4 Plates and open ....not to loud....Watch so you don't run too lean... need a PC or Race Tuner...if you change Air /Fuel set up...Have it Tuned......Welcome to the Forum....Bill

·
RFFR
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks let me ask you this will less disks give me better sound? I also put in a k+n air filter will this run leaner.

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
It Could.....Lean is not Good....Just have it Dyno'ed

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I'm running a V-5 with end cap and 12 disks and I think mine sounds great. I'm using the 003d map found in the PCIII section, it runs great. It has a nice low rumble at idle and sounds like a Nextel cup car at 8500 rpm. It's noticably faster with this pipe, high rpm power especially, It may have actually slowed from stock as far as rolling away from a stop and then gunning it, but with the revs up, it's very strong, I can spin the tire when I shift into second sometimes.

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
mwdhand said:
I'm running a V-5 with end cap and 12 disks and I think mine sounds great. I'm using the 003d map found in the PCIII section, it runs great. It has a nice low rumble at idle and sounds like a Nextel cup car at 8500 rpm. It's noticably faster with this pipe, high rpm power especially, It may have actually slowed from stock as far as rolling away from a stop and then gunning it, but with the revs up, it's very strong, I can spin the tire when I shift into second sometimes.
:them:

I ran that map when I had this combo. Elgavillan posted a few good ones so try them and see what is best for you. I ran my Supertrapp with 8 discs, billet endpiece, and no endcap. It ran and sounded VERY GOOD!!! I tried many maps and configs with this pipe and that was the best I had. REALLY GOOD top end, okay mid range, and poor low end....but the top end power was unbelievable. If I used the endcap, it sounded like a Honda ATV and shot exhaust soot all over the wheel and swingarm....but they did add more punch in the mid range.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
paul v said:
hi everyone i need some help i installed a set of supertrapps on my 04 vrsca and the pipes sound like a moped. i used the 12 dics and the plate and they sound horrible also the bike is very sluggish. this i would imagine because i have to install my power commander but whats with the sound. i ordered a set of 12 extra discs will this help? thanks,
The more discs with closedend cap you add,the more UPPER RPM power you will have,but will take away from the lowend.The less discs you run with closed cap will give you more lowend ,but lack on the topend.If you run it open cap then the # of discs you add is pointless,and the low end will suffer.

Yes,you need a fuel adder.

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Vinny said:
The more discs with closedend cap you add,the more UPPER RPM power you will have,but will take away from the lowend.The less discs you run with closed cap will give you more lowend ,but lack on the topend.If you run it open cap then the # of discs you add is pointless,and the low end will suffer.

Yes,you need a fuel adder.
With all due respect Vinny, I disagree. My bike idled much smoother and accelerated more responsively in the mid range and I have ran it in many different configurations....however it worked. 8 discs and an open endcap worked best all around for me in performance and sound.

·
Draco67
19 Posts
I have the powercom and the k&n filter with the top removed.I had the bike dynoed and got some embarassing numbers the bike sounded terrible and had no low end power.I removed all the disc and my bike woke up.I can now be rolling in !st gear and the bike will pull the wheel about two feet in the air without ever touching the clutch.i do not need a dyno to tell that the runs much much better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts