Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Can someone give me the skinny on the SuperTrapp system. It looks like about 50% of owners love them 50% owners hate them because they drag.

I've read and understand the HP and TQ potential, but can someone give me numbers on the dragging?

If the bike straight up and down is 90-degrees, at what lean angle will the canister drag the ground?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I'm thinking about this system, but I like twisties....of course Florida twisties are not Dragon-like!

Thanks
Kevin

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I dunno,but I never dragged mine.I'm also not a kneedragger.If anything you can modify the muffler bracket,allowing you to raise the muffler up.That'll give you more cornering clearance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Supertrapp clearance

undefinedundefinedundefined
vrodwheels said:
Hey All,

Can someone give me the skinny on the SuperTrapp system. It looks like about 50% of owners love them 50% owners hate them because they drag.

I've read and understand the HP and TQ potential, but can someone give me numbers on the dragging?

If the bike straight up and down is 90-degrees, at what lean angle will the canister drag the ground?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I'm thinking about this system, but I like twisties....of course Florida twisties are not Dragon-like!

Thanks
Kevin
Kevin

The clearance problem is easily fixed see attached photos. If you slot the mounting bracket holes the rear of the pipe can be raised at least 2 inches which then means the footpegs and radiator shroud will scrape first.

Leigh

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
and doesn't even look like you raised the muffler up.IMHO it looks better that way,it's all tucked up.Not some thing dangling. :thumb: Looks good OZROD.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Much better.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
What about clearance issues with adjusting the back axel Nut?For belt Tightning?Looks Like an Easy Fix for the dragging Pipe issue! :thumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Kaz,
no problem with with clearance on the axel nut, i will take a shot of it and post it later tonight.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Are you dragging the pegs right now?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah the front pegs scrape pretty easy now and you can start to scrape the radiator shroud if you keep going, the bike feels OK these points just let you know how hard you are chasing that rice burner! or even better stayin ahead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts