Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Supertrapps model #827-71134 (S/O,H-D,'06-'07 NIGHT ROD, BLACK PAINT) will work on the '08 DX? I'm going to give them a call today probably to find out but since it only lists '07 then I might be SOL.

Love my '08 I just need the sound to go with it.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
fafafooey said:
Does anyone know if the Supertrapps model #827-71134 (S/O,H-D,'06-'07 NIGHT ROD, BLACK PAINT) will work on the '08 DX? I'm going to give them a call today probably to find out but since it only lists '07 then I might be SOL.

if it fits the 07 it'll fit your 08 but do some homework on Supertrapp as far as performance first.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
It is going to be a question of the O2 sensor. The 07 and older bikes do not have them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gdub said:
It is going to be a question of the O2 sensor. The 07 and older bikes do not have them.
Will the O2 sensor really be an issue if we're just talking slip ons with trapps?

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Saw some super trapps using 8 disks at the dealer. They had mounted them on an 08 DX, color matches the black denim. Added the K&N super flow filter and did not have to adjust the EMC. They look really interesting. Also come in chrome for the D. How much HP do these things add by the way?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
you can set up the supertraps with the number of disks so they look to the engine like the production mufflers, if you want to get a fuel management system later, you can add discs to get better flow, more sound and so on. So you use the stock head pipes/third volume and get that benefit, but you get much lighter mufflers and better flow.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
fafafooey said:

for more sound you can always remove the stock baffles,or buy some 20 dollar SUMMIT racing tips and stick them on there...you still would need a tuner but you can save a ton of money,and get the sound you want.

just an idea.
dan

·
Registered
256 Posts
Some info. on chrome or black from Supertrapp. I just asked them 2 days ago if they come in color, nope. only chrome. I like the supertrapp over the thunderheaders due to looks and noise level. The thunderheaders are to loud, especialy for leaving my home @ 4:30 in the morning! I'm prsently running v-mod with K&N airfilter toppless and SERT. 107 @ the wheel. 2007 DX

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
harleymon55 said:
Some info. on chrome or black from Supertrapp. I just asked them 2 days ago if they come in color, nope. only chrome. I like the supertrapp over the thunderheaders due to looks and noise level. The thunderheaders are to loud, especialy for leaving my home @ 4:30 in the morning! I'm prsently running v-mod with K&N airfilter toppless and SERT. 107 @ the wheel. 2007 DX
yah I would stay away from thunder headers if you want it quiet!:moped:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Americanclassicmotors on Ebay has them for sale in both chrome and black for($379/$369). I had Fuel Moto install a Power Commander and a K&N filter and they dyno'd the bike at 119.33hp and 82.83ft lbs of torque. That is with the standard 8 plates in the pipes. With only the pipes installed the dyno was 108.86hp and 74.62ft lbs of torque.

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
Beex DX said:
Americanclassicmotors on Ebay has them for sale in both chrome and black for($379/$369). I had Fuel Moto install a Power Commander and a K&N filter and they dyno'd the bike at 119.33hp and 82.83ft lbs of torque. That is with the standard 8 plates in the pipes. With only the pipes installed the dyno was 108.86hp and 74.62ft lbs of torque.

:dance: AWRIGHT!!!!:dance:

Can't wait! Gonna be running the same setup, only topless, and haven't decided between PCIII or SERT yet...but numbers are looking good!!!

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
BeelzeKnut said:
:dance: AWRIGHT!!!!:dance:

Can't wait! Gonna be running the same setup, only topless, and haven't decided between PCIII or SERT yet...but numbers are looking good!!!
They don't have any ATM, but I'm emailing them to see when they get them.

Which powercommander did you get? I thought the 08/o2 sensor powercommanders were not out yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts