Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I go stage 2 on my VRSCDX I'm playing with the idea of a supercharger. My main concern was engine life after a major performance upgrade like this. So the main question I have is: do superchargers decrease engine lifespan?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
After I go stage 2 on my VRSCDX I'm playing with the idea of a supercharger. My main concern was engine life after a major performance upgrade like this. So the main question I have is: do superchargers decrease engine lifespan?
Anything that makes an engine work harder or places extra stress on components is going to create a decrease in lifespan. How much depends on the quality of the build and its useage.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
There's no free lunch if stressing the components past the original design. That said and built for the task, it will last a long time especially at lower levels of boost of 6psi.
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts