Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Super Sport Windshield off EBay and found out after I got the windshield that the guy throw the instructions out :ithappen:. Does anyone have a copy that they could post? The 2 bolts above the headlight don't seem to be long enough to reach through both the headlight bracket and windshield bracket. Hopefully the instructions can clear this up. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rival

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
I'll see if I can find my old instructions & scan them in. I do know that my windshield had a pair of longer bracket bolts to replace the stock bolts.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
rival, I hope you didn't pay much and are very short. My instructions would be 'sell it now.' If you are more than 5'5", you may want to install the bracket upside down, to keep it from funneling the wind directly into your face. Turning the bracket upside down raises the height of the windshield a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Val, I have that exact same problem. have you installed the bracket upside down? Any Pic's?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for your help. I bought longer bolts today and have the windshield installed. I am 6'0 tall, I think I will try flipping the bracket over. The windshield comes off with the warmer weather, so hopefully I will not be using it much longer.

Rival

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Frank, I have several pics in the gallery and there are several others of us who have turned the bracket upside down for the same reasons. I know Danii has, so look for his pics, too. The underside of the bracket is also chromed, so it doesn't look too terrible. I've joined the group buy for a windvest. I don't want alot of sail in front of me (e.g. a touring windshield) and appreciate the windvest design with the forward-curve at the top lip of the shield -- am hoping this will resolve the SS problems without requiring a huge amount of plastic in front of me.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Oops Val - I have the touring shield and lowers, ala 'geezer-glide'.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I should have listened to all the post about the Super Sport Windshield, it is a piece of :soapbox: . I am putting it back on ebay, I would rather ride without any windshield then suffer through another trip with the SS.

Rival

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Rival, I too joined the group buy on the windvest. Really nicely made, and great reviews. CHeck into it, since Don is really giving us a good buy.
Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts