Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have both the Sundowner and the Mustang seats for the V-ROD. Both seats are comfortable but I prefer the looks of the Sundowner and my wife likes the backrest of the Mustang. Since she is the main rider of the V-ROD, the Mustang wins. I tried telling her the only reason she likes the Mustang was that it's shaped like a penis head. :lick:

I've got the Sundowner for sale on E-Bay if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7901152342

Attachments

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Don't want to offend you but the sundowner looks much better :2cents:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I happen to agree with you. Just look at the top view on the Mustang. Remind you of something? The comfort of the backrest does put the Mustang ahead in the comfort area over the Sundowner.

runit1971 said:
Don't want to offend you but the sundowner looks much better :2cents:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
So the Sundowner doesnt show any wear?

What are you wanting for it?

Thanks

BTW: The other seat does look like a Firemans Hat from the top!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Sundowner holds it's wear very well. It is an excellent choice if you plan on two up riding. I posted the Hyper-link for E-Bay where the seat is up for sale in my original post.

WTF "Fireman's Hat???" :confused:

riverrattcom said:
So the Sundowner doesnt show any wear?

What are you wanting for it?

Thanks

BTW: The other seat does look like a Firemans Hat from the top!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
gsparesa said:
WTF "Fireman's Hat???" :confused:
LOL
Look at a firemans hat from above, Its shaped like a Penis Head!

Firemens Humor :laugh:

Put a Bid on your Auction! Thanks

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
just a question, is the sundowner leather, or that HD vinyl that the stocker had?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I always thought the mustang seat looked kind of like a tractor seat...

But I bought the Corbin Dual Tour seat, and I think the sundowner looks better than the corbin seat as well.... But that backrest makes the passenger pretty happy.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Jav,
I have the Corbin dual touring also, with the large (12") oval passenger back rest. Wife loves the backrest because of the size. The pillion, however, is ROCK hard on the Corbin.
I had a local company (CJ Seats in Seffner, FL) remove the skin, replace the guts with gel, put the skin back on. Looks the same, but much softer to the touch (by hand) and I think the butt-test will eventually confirm the decision. Cost was $130. May make your lady even happier...
We know how important that is!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know that it's NOT leather.

Greg687 said:
just a question, is the sundowner leather, or that HD vinyl that the stocker had?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree mustangs are crap, I ordered one, put it on , it was misaligned by 1/4 "
I sent it back to the factory for warranty, with a complete discriptioin of the problem including photos. They pop rivited a smaller bracket, still didnt fit, still 1/4 " mis allignied.

Buy from Harley, at least they fit.

Mustang should not be in business, substandard crap.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I've had a Mustang seat on the Sporty since 15,000 miles, now in excess of 61,000 miles and still very comfortable. Rode it to Key West and back around 1500 miles total with side trips.
Everybody's taste is different.:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts