Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new seat on my DX for the long haul trips. I looked at the Sundowner seat from harley and I know they are really nice and comfy but I can't make up my mind on getting just the front seat or getting both front and rear seats. I am not going to install a back rest or anything back there, but I am curious if anyone has just the front sundowner with some pics so I can see what it looks like with the stock back seat. If Corbin made the smuggler setup for the DX like they do for the R then I would get that, a solo seat is really what I want but I can not find a good one anywhere. Info on that would be cool to, thanks everyone that chimes in.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
vrscd_special said:
I need a new seat on my DX for the long haul trips. I looked at the Sundowner seat from harley and I know they are really nice and comfy but I can't make up my mind on getting just the front seat or getting both front and rear seats. I am not going to install a back rest or anything back there, but I am curious if anyone has just the front sundowner with some pics so I can see what it looks like with the stock back seat. If Corbin made the smuggler setup for the DX like they do for the R then I would get that, a solo seat is really what I want but I can not find a good one anywhere. Info on that would be cool to, thanks everyone that chimes in.
Can't answer your question about the sundowner, but if you're interested in the solo seat look, you could always order the storage compartment that replaces the passenger seat from Breathless Performance. It looks like the stand VRod passenger pillion, except it creates a small storage are for stuff like glasses or rain gear. Just get it paint matched and you're all set.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i have a sundowner seat on my DX.....pics in gallery...if you want i can take the sissy bar off and snap a pic.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
Look in my gallery I have the Sundowner and the touring passenger pillion on some pics and some with the stock passenger seat with the Sundowner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts