Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing a lot of conflicting info about the base plate being needed to use the Sundowner seat. Do you really need the baseplate to install the sundowner? Harley does this stuff all the time by requiring optional parts to install accessories.thanks

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
I had no problems replacing my seat on the 2007. Went from stock to Sundowner in about 10 seconds or less. Just make sure the seat you are installing is made for the bike you have.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got back from my dealer where I ordered a sundowner seat. After I paid for it, the parts guy says " You need to get the base plate for that too". I told him everybody tells me I don't need it and he says "ok, I just wanted you to know they recommend it" HD
Is always helpful like that aren't they? Utah HD has them on sale for $288. My dealer matched them. So good deal.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Totally new guy here.....what exactly is the base plate?

I have an 03 with the H-D backrest. Does this seat work with that backrest? As much as my wife would like a more comfy seat (as do I) she doesn't want to lose the backrest.

My passenger seat looks about the same size as the Sundowner

This is my seat setup:

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the baseplate is the thing your backrest is bolted to. You already have it and are good to go

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I just got back from my dealer where I ordered a sundowner seat. After I paid for it, the parts guy says " You need to get the base plate for that too". I told him everybody tells me I don't need it and he says "ok, I just wanted you to know they recommend it" HD
Is always helpful like that aren't they? Utah HD has them on sale for $288. My dealer matched them. So good deal.
Contacted the two HD dealers in my area, won't match the price, frustrating.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go directly to Utah Harley Davidson's. Web site. They will ship direct to you with free shipping. I think they also have it listed directly on Ebay also. Your dealer will have to order it anyway. UTAH HD is saying 2 day shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts