Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 VRSCB I thinking about changing the seat out to a sundowner I am 5'6" what will the seat do for me is it much better then stock,, I know the passanger has to be . or what recomadations about better seats do you have ? thanks all have a great christmas

904 Posts
Sundowner is the perfect solution, IMHO. I feel the rider's seat is much better than stock, and the passenger seat is tons better. Because of the taller/thicker passenger pillion, it creates an improved lower-back support for the rider. Nice, comfortable bucket.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Passenger gets the biggest improvement, wider, more padding, more front to rear room.
You get wider, slight moved forward, better padding. Worth it!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
totally worth it. Best comfort mod I made to my bike was that Sundowner rider's seat

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seat

thanks everyone for the replys .. now all I have to do is find one .. have a great Christmas

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
The first thing I did when I got my B was to put on a sundowner.. I can literly ride all day and be quite comfy. Definately worth doing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Love mine. Some people complain about the look, but honestly, Ive gotten so used to mine that when I put my original seat back on, it looked funny to me.

Great seat

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Love mine. (5"5') Much easier on the ass, front of saddle wider and padded around airbox cover and frame. I've got rear controls, so my sitting position is different from most "taco riders".

Can't speak for the passenger seat. I'm more concerned with them being flung off from the g-forces, than with their comfort anyway.

As usual, TheMoCo can't come up with a replacement passenger seat that doesn't require the addition of a fender plate that takes up 1/2 the fender. Since I've got a fender coming out of painters with the taillight bucket smoothed off - last thing I want to do is cover it with a frikkin mounting plate.

Hat's off to "The Morons From Milwaukee" again...

Rick

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a 2004 VRSCB I thinking about changing the seat out to a sundowner I am 5'6" what will the seat do for me is it much better then stock,, I know the passanger has to be . or what recomadations about better seats do you have ? thanks all have a great christmas
You and I are about the same height. The SunDowner is far better than the stocker. I recommend adding the sissy bar and pad for the passenger. The wife said it made a huge difference on longer rides. The look of the SunDowner takes some getting used to, but the amount of comfort it provides makes up for its looks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts