Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running just the Sundowner seat with the stock pillion? Just curious as to what it might look like. Is it goofy looking? Just looking to see something different I guess that would allow more comfort but keep the slimness from the rear perspective. Any Pics please post.

·
Registered
696 Posts
TBAG809 said:
Anyone running just the Sundowner seat with the stock pillion? Just curious as to what it might look like. Is it goofy looking? Just looking to see something different I guess that would allow more comfort but keep the slimness from the rear perspective. Any Pics please post.
I had the same idea but, would keep the stock Badlander on for intown and install a Sundowner for trips. Always wondered if it would look funny with the stock rear pillion? Hopefully some here has a few pictures they will share.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just replaced my original seat with the sundowner.....before i put on the sundowner pillon, i checked to see what the seat would look like with the front sundowner and back original pillon. i thought it looked fine. in fact i was impressed at how NOT out of place it looked.....just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I rode with it like that for a while (Sundownder front/original pillion back). Although it looked 'okay' you could tell it wasn't quite right. After a while I just stuck with the Sundowner pillion and the small sissy bar.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi
I don't remember on what forum I read that someone had the rear pillion restuffed at the front to match the new sundowner seat and left the same taper at the rear.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Vrod-tlam said:
I run that way sometimes, it's OK. That's my helmet on the seat by the way...
Thanks for the Pic, clears things up!

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vrod-tlam said:
I run that way sometimes, it's OK. That's my helmet on the seat by the way...
Thanks for the pic.....I think it looks fine but I still need to see it in person myself. I have the Sundowner seat still in the box with a low sissy bar and 100th backrest. I`m waiting for some much more friendly weather. 15 degrees outside now......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts