Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My Last Ride
1,351 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone know if the rear fender baseplate is needed/necessary when installing the Sundowner passenger pillion? Or is it only needed for if a person chooses to add a backrest to the set-up.

Thanks!
-John
In the Harley-Davidson accessory catalog it states that the Sundowner pillion requires the base plate. I don't know why because I'm not using the elephant foot pillion. I'm running the Sundowner seat with the standard teardrop pillion and in my eyes it's far less offensive than the Sundowner pillion. Besides my butt doesn't have eyes.

Ron

·
EXCELSIOR
8,608 Posts
They only say that to coerce you to purchase one. The seat will fit without it.
I've had several model seats and if you look at the underside you will discover that for most of them the plastic seat base is the same part number, it's molded in, they just trim the contour different for different foam covering.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They only say that to coerce you to purchase one. The seat will fit without it.
I've had several model seats and if you look at the underside you will discover that for most of them the plastic seat base is the same part number, it's molded in, they just trim the contour different for different foam covering.
Now that’s some good info, thanks! Thier attempt to coerce almost worked on me... lol!

-John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.