Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow, I got it in my head that a Sundowner (in addition to being a bit wider) would move me up and back a shade. Instead, it moved me up and forward. Being 6'2", I can't afford to give up any real estate at all so this will join the (getting disturbingly) long list of parts that I've bought, decided I didn't like, and either thrown in my toolbox or roundfiled.

The seat has one trip, 40 miles. Received it from Surdyke last week and paid $200 or so. Will let it go for $115 shipped from S Texas. Seat is in nearly new condition (obviously) but does have a minor fault straight from HD (thanks!): It looks like whatever machine that cut the foam left a tiny hunk that it shouldn't have left. Maybe it will settle over time, or the perfectionist can certainly get in there and shave it off. It's tiny, but it's there, and I've included a picture.

NOTE: This seat will apparently fit ONLY a 2012 NRS.

Also have a pair of the HD Diamond Black pegs. These have about 120 miles or so and are still in nearly new condition. The only fault I can see is a little wear in the powdercoat where the hinge goes. Never scraped them. Maybe $20 shipped?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pm sent for pegs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What models/years does the Sundowner fit ?
I'll get back to you on that. I ordered it for my 2012 DX (I guess I should have included that in my original post...sorry!) but I'm not entirely sure how far back in model years this particular seat will fit. I'll check out a compatibilty chart when I get off work.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Does the seat come with the passenger pillion? If so, and it fits an 04, would you consider a trade for a "tall boy" seat(also with a minor imperfection).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts