Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK for you guys that have the Suundowner seat. I know the riders seat is comfortable but what about the pass pillion. My wife and I just got back from a 60 or so mile ride today and she told me the HD touring pillion is a piece of sh!t and a pain in the a$$.Is the Sundowner any better?

·
skin changer
824 Posts
The Sundowner pass seat is the best my wife found so far. See did lay a gel pad on top of it Sunday for a 150 mile trip. She liked that setup because she could see over me better anyway.
It's not as good as my Mustang seat on my Virago in her opinion, but it's liveable and the best setup she found so far to protect her butt :moon: when we ride the :vrod: .

·
Ted
1,632 Posts
It is better than the touring pillion. It gives the passenger a little more room also. I'm guessing about 1/2 inch more between us.

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Just got mine last week, swapped with stock setup, wife and I went riding over the weekend (freeway, local, scenic, twisties)... She was thrilled to death with the Sundowner Pillion.

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
I highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a bunch. Right now I'd rather buy her a seat than a bike.
ED

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts

·
Full Speed Realtor
271 Posts
The Sundowner is the shiznit. Both fore and aft are a big comfort improvement over stock. It's designed for the long haul, and it does the job. The downside is that it looks a little bulky, but switching seats can be done in a couple of minutes. Once I added my hard bags and sissybar, the bulkiness blended in a lot more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts