Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
louballs said:
HD site says it requires fender base plate? Is it going to be a problem connecting the sundowner with my sissy bar and pad on there? Why does it need the baseplate? Thanks!
You need either the baseplate or the single-piece rack to support the edges of the pillion. SInce you've got a sissy bar already, you must have one or the other. You'll be fine.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
No problem at all. But it may be a lot easier to take off the pad first before installing the pillion. It just fit perfect. You must have already the baseplate installed since you have a sissy bar.

·
Ride Free, Alex!!!
1,422 Posts
No problems installing my Sundowner with the baseplate... But, like Scrmng E wrote, you'll have to remove the sissy bar pad to gain enough clearance to hook the pillion on the baseplate. After the pillion's installed, simply reattach the sissy bar pad and you're good to go.

Also...HD sells a sissy bar pad that matches the Sundowner seat really nice. Like the seats - and my ass :moon: - it's a little bit wider...looks good, too.

Hope this helps.... well, everything except the width of my ass... :D

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
I sometimes use the sundowner with low and tall sissy bar. Depends on what set up I am running. Works just fine with Sundowner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts