Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my rotor centers ceramic coated this week and I think I'm going to have him polish up the outsides of them. You guys that have had them polished, how do they hold up against the brake pads? And which brake pads do you use in particular or does that not matter?

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
A sintered metal pad like the OEM will destroy the polish in a heartbeat. Use a fiber pad like Lyndall's to retain the polish job as long as possible. Remember that brakes are friction devices; eventually you'll probably wonder why you had them polished. But, they'll look good for a while.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
I'm getting my rotor centers ceramic coated this week and I think I'm going to have him polish up the outsides of them. You guys that have had them polished, how do they hold up against the brake pads? And which brake pads do you use in particular or does that not matter?
You should check out the floating rotors that sharkey is running a special on they look pretty slick,

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I'll give all of those a look. I asked lyndall and to my surprise they suggested the 7254 gold plus. I thought the gold ones had more metal and were harder on the rotors.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Thanks guys I'll give all of those a look. I asked lyndall and to my surprise they suggested the 7254 gold plus. I thought the gold ones had more metal and were harder on the rotors.
:them:

I'm using the Z pads and if you look at my picks you see they scuff up the rotors too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts