Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Harley makes some nylon ones that I'm sure you have already seen. Vmod also makes a set of leather bags with a quick release set up. I don't like the look of the nylon and I've looked at Vmod's bags before and posted asking if anyone has installed them with no replies. The picture on Vmod has a 2-1 exhaust set up, and if I remember correctly cost about $650, I never got around to calling them and asking if this setup would clear stock pipes and what the detachable set up leaves behind on the bike when the bags are off. Since then I installed a luggage rack and I'm in the process of researching a bag for it.

Good luck and post what you find!

·
Dean
775 Posts
I am not a fan of bags on our bikes....but I would go with the Harley ones. Domvrodder (forum member) had a set for sale not that long ago...for a great price.

They are nice bags.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harley makes some nylon ones that I'm sure you have already seen. Vmod also makes a set of leather bags with a quick release set up. I don't like the look of the nylon and I've looked at Vmod's bags before and posted asking if anyone has installed them with no replies. The picture on Vmod has a 2-1 exhaust set up, and if I remember correctly cost about $650, I never got around to calling them and asking if this setup would clear stock pipes and what the detachable set up leaves behind on the bike when the bags are off. Since then I installed a luggage rack and I'm in the process of researching a bag for it.

Good luck and post what you find!
I have seen the nylon bags and I'm not sure how they look. As I did some more research on the net, Corbin has some really nice bags made for the VRODS. Check them out. They also have real nice fairings that match the VRODS perfectly. I already bought the detachable shield...I wish I would have seen the Corbin fairing first! I guess I could always sell it. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have been researching this for the past few hours, I am also looking for some bags, How the ones from harley barley fit anything in. Today I was at a harley dealer and they had an 06 wirh the hard bags, I took off my zip up swest shirt and after folding and rolling it up thats all that fit in the bag. The harley bags are 1900 cubic inches.

For around town I am thinking they would be fine, however if your going to be hitting the road like I will be doing then your not going to get what you need in those bags. Rain gear extra gloves dry sweat shirt plus a good heavy riding jacket if it gets cold ect. Plus your normal luggage your going to use on ur trip change of cloths / shoes ect.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Visit the Corbin website. I really like the way the saddle bags look! High dollar, but when you talk HD...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have been researching this for the past few hours, I am also looking for some bags, How the ones from harley barley fit anything in. Today I was at a harley dealer and they had an 06 wirh the hard bags, I took off my zip up swest shirt and after folding and rolling it up thats all that fit in the bag. The harley bags are 1900 cubic inches.

For around town I am thinking they would be fine, however if your going to be hitting the road like I will be doing then your not going to get what you need in those bags. Rain gear extra gloves dry sweat shirt plus a good heavy riding jacket if it gets cold ect. Plus your normal luggage your going to use on ur trip change of cloths / shoes ect.
F bags are bigger.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Way bigger! I think 2900 vs 1900 CI. Add a SAC bag on the luggage rack, and a small bag on the seat, and you are good for a long trip. I did 2650 miles with that luggage. Joe

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a set of the Harley Bags that came on my bike, haven't had a chance to take them off yet but I will be selling them as soon as I can get them off. I don't roadtrip and really don't like the looks of bags on these bikes. I can get you some pics if interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a set of the Harley Bags that came on my bike, haven't had a chance to take them off yet but I will be selling them as soon as I can get them off. I don't roadtrip and really don't like the looks of bags on these bikes. I can get you some pics if interested.
Thanks
Cool, send me some pics! PM me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts