Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
If you are referring to a foot clutch that will engage as soon as it is released with a hand shifter – no, can’t say that I have ever seen or heard of one installed on a V-Rod. It’s probably possible but the engineering would need to be done and a fair amount of fabrication. Interesting question, why do you want one?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
shifter is easy. Foot clutch will be more difficult due to the fact we have a hydro clutch...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reason I am asking is in aug of 09 I was hit by a drunk driver had a few operations and just found out earlier this week that I need my left foot and ankle redone, I am not sure of the full range of motion I will get back wondering about a sucidie shifter I have seen them before, where you push in the clutch and shift with the same lever. I dont mean an air shifter just a lever comming up from the shifter (so you dont shift with your foot at all) with the attachment for the clutch on that lever. Not sure if I am explaining it right.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Like this. It would be cool if done right.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The shifter isn't called suicide,the clutch is.The 2 types I know that you use your hand to shift with are called tank and jockey shifters.
The clutch should be a mousetrap style for smooth engagement and better takeoff control.

Why not just look into an electric shifter and be safe about it?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts