Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll Start!

Left for Sturgis after work Tuesday July 31. Made it to Vernon Tx, and got a room. Got up early and made Denver by mid afternoon. (See my Packing for Sturgis thread: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71876) Headed to Avon Co early Aug 1, for engineering calls On Thu and Friday morning. Left Avon noonish on Aug 3, headed to Minden Ne, to hook up with my buds from Omaha.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a Museum in Minden called Prairie Village, set up by a guy named Warp (apparently a pioneer in plastics). We spent the entire day at the Museum! I figure the last pic will find a use somewhere......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few more from the museum. The trike is begging for a caption contest entry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Went to Fort Robinson Ne Sunday Night, before heading to Sturgis (actually Spearfish) on Monday. This is my 4th year staying in the Dorm at Black Hills Univ.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took a leisurely ride down the Canyon on Tuesday, over to Rapid City. The last pic is an interesting "pre=old-school" bike. (With a 100 hp Buell motor).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Sturgis 2007

Here are a few of my pics

Attachments

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Damage on I 90

And then on Sat 08/11/07 at MM152 I-90E some A$$-Hole decides to damage all my stuff at one time

Attachments

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Anyone out there help on the person who owns these tags

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I just got home! We left late on August 1st and made it to Milwaukee (you can make record time through Chicago when you do it at 2am!). Toured the factory on Thursday the 2nd. Headed out to Minnesota to visit friends on Friday the 3rd. We were supposed to pick up some other riders along the way, but they backed out (no big surprise). From there we went down to Sioux Falls and hit Sturgis on Saturday.

Then it was 5 days of camping and riding the area (we stayed at Bear Butte, not the Chip, but it was my first time out there and I didn't appreciate what I was missing until hearing the stories at the breakfast at the local high school every morning). Got soaked at Rushmore, baked at Devil's Tower, and burned in the Badlands, and loved every second of it.

We headed for home on Thursday and my friend made it back yesterday. I had an extra day's detour at Kellie's Island (Lake Erie) where my wife and daughter were camping and I'm finally back. I'll post pictures later but damn, what a trip!

Oh, and what's up with all the trailers? Why does it seem like only V-rod riders actually ride? I really should have bought that T-shirt: "Nice Trailer You ..."

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Thanks for any help....need to be ready for the Sept. Rally

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill, there is a story there waiting to be told.....

Sorry about troubles, but it'll all be fixed.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Trip Report - Sturgis 2007

Bill, Man, what happened. Hope you get past it in a hurry and are able to nail the a$$hole that caused it.

My wife and I had a great time. Ran into a couple of forum members at various spots ((Spearfish Canyon (TRAY) and Rochford (HAWG100)), and, of course we were able to review each others bikes. All Winners. I had a three day ride to Keystone via state hwys thru Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and South Dakota. A two day ride back via I-90. All in all it was fun. Some bad weather going and a little bit of storm while we were there but we made it to wherever we wanted to go, except for the Spearfish DQ breakfast. Maybe next year.

Dave

Attachments

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Sturgis 2007

Again what a group of Great Riders...and Members....The 67th Rally was my 12th Rally I have attended....for me it is Sharon's Family Reunion. All but one of my rides and hauler was damaged so I know I will remember the 67th for a long time and every time I drive I-90 around Wall SD(MM152)...I'll go on the DEFENSE MODE.... Just glad it was me at the wrong place and not a Group of Riders going home....no one was hurt just my STUFF....Guess I won't win any AWARDS at KC REUNION this year...with all the dents and broken stuff...but watch out for next year...And I can not say enough Good Things or the S.D.H.P.and Officer 149..I just hope the fellow that went down a mile back from my accident it OK!!! Thanks again Forum Member...Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Sturgis 07

Just made it back home;3599 mi round trip and miscellaneous sides of various twisties. Had a ball, first time I've stayed the duration. On the way up I found the bike handles quite well in the rain, was in the red or yellow zone Fri 3rd. Had a tire problem (Dunlops). Was able to take the time to help Baby Huey with his little problem. Meet some fantastic v-roders and rode with a few. Managed to get a pic of Danii on the fence at Devel's Tower, not many will get him on the fence!:D Here are afew pics of the Devils Tower run:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I left Kansas City on August 2, with a commitment to avoid all Interstates and "chain" eating establishments. I trip through Kansas, although somewhat flat, included a couple of great meals, running out of gas (not all towns still have gas stations!) and dodging a tornado. Nebraska included a stop at Carhenge. After a GREAT ribeye steak at Hot Springs, our group wisely decided to stay the night in Custer, thus avoiding the baseball size hail storm that hit Rapid City.

Our group of three worked at the "Bike Giveaway" booth on main street. We worked Sat-Mon, after which I rode solo through Wyoming, Colorado and Nebraska. I returned home after 3048 miles, many great memories, including a renewed appreciation for park benches and picnic tables for sleeping. On memory was is a small Nebraska town when the park sprinklers caused a very quick retreat!

All in all, a great trip and wonderful experince.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts