Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ok, I have to ask about the pic in your sig-- How is a guy wearing a ENJJPT and AirETC patch sitting on his bike in front of a White Rocket doing this at Cold Lake? Did they let you take the jet home with you after your PCS?

PS: I was at Columbus, 90-04.

R.
That was my last assignment. Right now I'm flying with the RCAF in the Hawk trainer. Can't get a better pic than that though. My bike, my plane (had my name on it).

P.S. 'white rocket' . You are old my friend. They are camouflage grey now. Why? Beats me.
They were still white when I went through enjjpt in 98 as a student.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
I plan to be at bike week 8/4-8/12. I am staying at "Rush-no-More" campground which is near "No Name City". I have stayed at "No Name City" also. I did appreciate the free shuttle at "No Name". You have to pay for "Da Bus" from "RNM". that said, there is more shade at "RNM" and the faciliteis are a little nicer. That said, both are nice when you want to get out of the week long craziness, and get some rest at some point!

My brother and I plan to do our "usual" Wednesday "No Panties" loop to Devil's Tower, Hulett, and Stonehouse. (Finally learned from a local about the history of "No Panties" Wednesday). We may make the longer Bad Lands ride one of the days. Fun bar in the Bad Lands that few know about, plus a great wide with lots of two lane and long sweeping curves (we don't take the Interstate typically, unless in a hurry).

We are going to the Chip Sunday night for the concert.

If anyone is interesting in hooking up, and getting a group from the forum together, perhaps we should start some type of list? I know some folks have dones this in the past. I also have my usual "letter" I send out to those I am riding with. The letter has a bunch of information for newbies, and hyperlinks to several of the attractions and points of interest.

The letter also have a link to my Garmin database with many Black Hills waypoints from over the years, and some of our more favorite "day ride routes".

Send me a PM if anyone would like a copy.
I am interested in meeting as many forum members as possible. There was a post about a bike show http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166010 that would be cool if everyone could meet at and enter into or if just meeting up is on the menu I think it would be Hella cool! Hit me up and see my link in my post above in this thread if you wanna ride there with me and I will be there the 6th-11th.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So, what's the secret 1130cc wave? If I pass other v-rodders and I wave at them, how will I ever know if it's one of you guys or not? :confused:

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
If you wave in Sturgis, you are obviously a newbie (ie: n00b.) I learned two years ago when I brought my Buell up here that only sport bike riders wave, and they don't know how. They do the "homecoming queen" wave. It was very embarrassing.

If you see a Batwing V-Rod with lowers and a BFTourpak, that's me. Feel free to wave.

·
Registered
398 Posts
How about only Vrodders wave to other Vrodders? I'm not leaving until Wednesday the 8th @ 5pm. Riding all night and day until we get there, then riding more and more. I'm starting to get pretty excited(except for the long pull on I90). Aderall is a very good thing.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Mines pretty easy to recognize like Daniii up there. Yeah not looking forward to the I90 stretch thinking we might take the back roads this year..

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you wave in Sturgis, you are obviously a newbie (ie: n00b.) I learned two years ago when I brought my Buell up here that only sport bike riders wave, and they don't know how. They do the "homecoming queen" wave. It was very embarrassing.

If you see a Batwing V-Rod with lowers and a BFTourpak, that's me. Feel free to wave.
Haha, well I've been riding for 25 years, but my first time to Sturgis, so I'll definitely be a n00b. I'll try to refrain from waving too much, but I'll probably still wave to most V-rods. Unless they look mean. I don't like mean people. You guys don't look mean, right?:biker:

I'm starting to get excited. Today's my last day of work, leaving at 5am tomorrow. We're avoiding I90 too. That is the most boring stretch of road known to mankind!

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Ok today is the day. The bag is packed and we are ready to blast out of here as soon as the GF gets off work. Will be headed to sun valley for a min then to Craters of the Moon national park campgrounds tonight. Meeting up with another "F" rider MSWJUDE tomorrow in Arco Id and Riding To Blackfoot Id. We will be meeting up with a friend of ours who will be riding the rest of the way to Sturgis and camping with us for 3 days then they have to go home. Sat morning MSWJUDE is meeting us again and riding to Alpine Wy. Cant wait to meet some of you guys and I hope everyone has a safe trip. If anyone comes up with a designated meeting point and date time it sure would be cool to hang out for a couple hours.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Sent from my EVO 4g

Attachments

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
I'll be at the Covington Customs rig just before the dealership in Rapid City 8-8-12 thru 8-11-12... Come on by and say hello!

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
OK some pics:

No, I didn't ride up.

Who ordered the rain?

Discovered why I had an "Issue" loading the trailer!

My riding buds from Omaha - 10th year with them.

This is how we started every day, Pangborn Hall, Black Hills State University.

First day (Friday) stopped in Deadwood. They finally finished the new resort.

PS: High temp was about 51F that day.

Saw a nicely done RoadRod.

Her riding companion had a nice V-8 Chopper.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
We saw lots of Can-Ams. This one was ridden by a "little Person". (Note the location of the controls).

Here's one way to get to Sturgis.

Sidecars and three wheelers are the coming thing for the aging baby boomers:

As were "big wheels".

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Saw some Bat wings for V-Rods:

I like the narrow V-8 choppers.

Nice trike ($74K):

Old school (but 504 CuIn V-8)

Owner of V-8 choppers bike:

His wife's:

The ride from Sturgis back to Spearfish after dark was 43F. I plugged in the Gerbings.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Day 3 started out the same, but it was finally warm:

Went to Nemo after the HD dealer.
Dave from Hillsdale Mich's Muscle BatRod

Saw a couple of interesting bikes in Hill City.

Nice tatt (nice lady too)

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Interesting bike outside the Stadium Grille in Spearfish.

Devil's Tower on Monday was like a Ghost Town.

I did cover a lot of ground though.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This was my favorite bike at the bike week.
Spotted at the Devil's Tower. Pure genius. Take a minute and look at the details.

I had a great time at Sturgis and will surely be back in another year.

Attachments

·
Departed the Fix.
5,138 Posts
Yeah, I saw this R trike.

Marked For Sale for only $25k, Sturgis special discount to $22k. 15,000 miles and LOTS or rust on the bolt heads, shift pegs, etc-- anybody who tries to get the heat shields off is going to be in for a bad afternoon.

Pretty much one of those "good from afar but far from good" kind of things.

On the plus side? There *was* a tiny little trunk, so you actually had storage space for a few things.

I love my R, but as a trike? Maybe not so much.

Just my 0.02.

R.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Did our 'annual' turbo bike ride Sunday to Devil's Tower from Rapid City. Stopped in Spearfish and met up with Skeeter from OCC with his turboed X-wedge and Buddy Parrott (NASCAR) and his turboed 113 Evo. Fun ride and great visiting. All told, there were 5 v-rods and 3 big twins turboed on the ride. I rode, bought t-shirts, partied, and went home tired but happy. Wish I had more time.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Saw this one in Deadwood SD. A rigid turbo. Interesting. The Turbo took a bow, and left the building as you can tell. He saw me looking at his bike and came over to talk. His buddy had a Busa, wonder how he blew it up:D. Nice guy from the Denver area if i remember correctly. Had a blast riding out there. Everyone was very nice. A great experience.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 48 Posts