Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so Ive seen quite a few maps people have posted on the forums. I have zero PC experience. When you save the file someone post, does it save to the PC software installed on your computer? I haven"t messed with my PC yet because Im on vacation and havent had a chance....just wondering how complicated the whole process is...Thanks in advance for any info, and tolerating the dumb question...

P.S> if anyone has a good map for Vmod, topless, and K&N please share...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't be to intimidated...

Be sure what version of Power Commander you have, and what the person posting the map has. This may cause problems for you if you don't do the homework up front. I would bet there are some members in your area who could walk you through.

Good luck

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
It is very likley you will get a good map from someone on here but if you decide to get it dyno tuned, I give Frederick HD a thumbs up. They charge a flat fee, no matter how many pulls. I got mine done there and wow what a difference. They are a PC factory authorized dealer. My set up is different or I would send you my map.
If you just read through the instruction and have decent computer skills you should be o.k. Just make sure have the 9v battery pig tail to power up the unit while you work with it. And remember to save your current map before you make changes, then call the new map a differnt name, that way you can go back to your old map if the new one sucks. Once you get a good map, save it on your computer, just in case your PC takes a crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts