Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
serial port eh?
cool i have a couple of those on the desktop, thought i had one on the back of the laptop, but alas, it is for a external monitor :whack:
now i just need to figure out how to run my desktop into my garage, or get a serial port thingy for my laptop.

ok, i'm really not this stupid, i did major in comp programming after all....i'm just really really lazy :D

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
too bad the PCIIIr doesn't come with a USB hook-up instead. But I bet you could find some adapter with a USB on one end and a serial connector on the other, so you could use your laptop.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
FastVRSCA I use 9 pin comm ports all the time to monitor data on cars for an inline adapter I have for the ALDL on most cars. To do this I purchased a 30 ft serial data cable for about 9 dollars from the local frys electronics.

Max

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Shawn...a friend and I took the whole computor out to the garage then down loaded to the bike. It took longer to move all that junk to the garage than to down load the map. It works but a pain.... Good luck.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I need to get me a laptop.So I can do on the fly changes.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Shawn, you can go to Radio Shack and for $29.00 get a nine serial port to a USB plug.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vrsc said:
Shawn, you can go to Radio Shack and for $29.00 get a nine serial port to a USB plug.
that sounds like the way to go.
i would bring the bike inside, but this old house has narrow doors.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Look in any electronics store in the PDA area... found a 9 pin to USB at BestBuy for about the $29 range. Allows for the laptop to work. By the by... The new PCIIIr does come with the USB attachment, but it is far more than the $29 attachment.

Mike

·
Registered
214 Posts
hmm... too bad our bikes aren't 802.11 WiFi or BlueTooth

·
Registered
154 Posts
What kinda software is needed to tweek the pcrIII?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts