Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings riders

Honestly, my stock 09 quite easily does 130mph, well according to the speedo, anyway. I have only tried it twice, and i also think it accelerates hyperfast from 0-60 mph. I havent timed it accurately, but somewhere between 3-4 seconds, Im sure. Could this be correct? I also kinda like the fact that its relatively quiet compared to most Harleys around. I like the element of surprise when it by a throttletwist says "vrooom", like in the cartoons(only bike i know of that actually makes that sound:), and most of the competition on the freeway are just dots in the rear mirror. I mean, it feels so powefull, as it is, and was just wondering how a stage1 upgrade will affect the engines performance? I really like the looks of the tab performance pipes, compared to the stock ones. Thats my main reason for asking. Sorry about my English, Im Norwegian:) Ride safe!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Power to weight ratio is very important and should always be considered when trying to go faster in any sport. Our stock pipes are quiet, long, pretty, & unfortunatly very heavy. TABs look great are lighter & louder. Weight savings of appx. 5lbs. Learn how to keep rpms above 4000 to keep motor in power band. Also be prepared to have to slow down very quickly once you are in this bikes power band. A shift light will help. Once you are bored in the power band between 7k-8k think about adding additional power. Mods should be towards weight savings till you need more power. 5lbs saved + shorter air flow exit of TAB's should = a 5hp performance gain. Dynos don't measure power to weight. Light = fast. Learning how to keep this beast above 4k = very fast.

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Greetings riders

Honestly, my stock 09 quite easily does 130mph, well according to the speedo, anyway. I have only tried it twice, and i also think it accelerates hyperfast from 0-60 mph. I havent timed it accurately, but somewhere between 3-4 seconds, Im sure. Could this be correct? I also kinda like the fact that its relatively quiet compared to most Harleys around. I like the element of surprise when it by a throttletwist says "vrooom", like in the cartoons(only bike i know of that actually makes that sound:), and most of the competition on the freeway are just dots in the rear mirror. I mean, it feels so powefull, as it is, and was just wondering how a stage1 upgrade will affect the engines performance? I really like the looks of the tab performance pipes, compared to the stock ones. Thats my main reason for asking. Sorry about my English, Im Norwegian:) Ride safe!
I enjoyed the same thrill you are when I first purchased my bike in September '08, It's quick and fun right out of the box.

Stage I mods give the bike a little better feel through the RPM's and a nasty rumble that I missed with the factory pipes.

Stage II mods give the bike a much better pull through the middle to high RPM's and changes the exhaust note again to a crisper hardy sound.

Enjoy the bike through all it's phases as it's ongoing and never ending - You ride safe too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts