Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man last nite i met up with some rockets. this dude let me ride his new zx 14, that is the fastest thing that i have ever been on. you couldn't even crack the throtle. it would just pull the front up so fast. When your goin down the road is so smooth. very nice ride butt way to fast. the only thing he had done was a new header pipe and can. and a power commander. he let about 8 different ppl. ride it and they all said the same thing hoooollllllllyyyyyyy F$*K. within a thousand foot mark it was @ 132 mph.
:paper: is what i had to do after i got off the bike. nuts man. just friggin nuts.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
:rofl2:
Yep...........I would have to have a double layer diaper on b4 I took one of those out and do it justice..........it is nice to dream though!!!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
You need to ride a big bore bike and see what real torque is all about. Yes the Jap bikes have top end but not the grunt out of the hole like the BB. :deal:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I love my v-rod but I love my 14 too! is is scarey fast but very predictable. it does not pull the wheel when you crack the throttle. It will power wheelie when shifting, easily

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
The S&S 145 ci

Anyone who appreciates speed and acceleration should ride an S&S 145 powered motorcycle at some point. Out of the box it's 180 hp and 185 torque. The 180 hp is nice but the 185 torque is the real feel good drug on this bike. I have speed bumps on my street. I idle over one, give it about 30%-40% throttle, the front wheel comes up about 6", I back off and am slowed down by compression for the next speed bump. Roll back on the throttle at 70 mph on the freeway and up it goes. This bike is not a stretched out chopper either. I made it to be a semi-sleeper, deuce tank, 4" over frontend.

·
Registered
56 Posts
One of the best things I love about my V-ROD is that the balance of usable power and the speed limit is almost perfect.Like riding my 66 honda 90 in the back yard is much more fun than the Yamaha TT500 because the power of the TT cannot be used much. Yeah , the TT gets sideways and wheelies at will the back fence comes up fast and those damn trees.
The V-ROD is much more fun for me as I intend to keep my licence and Laguna Seca is 2 hours drive.

·
DX Rider
630 Posts
VrodG said:
You need to ride a big bore bike and see what real torque is all about...
Rode a 144FT/LBS Triumph Rocket III yesterday. Serious grunt, but big weight (800lbs). Lessening the torque effect of big bore bikes is their weight. A Ducati 1098 with 160HP and 90FT/LBS able to crank out nine second sec 1/4 miles certainly does deliver the grunt, and a key reason is it weighs only 389lbs.

·
Ferocity Velocity
118 Posts
davewithavrb said:
Man last nite i met up with some rockets. this dude let me ride his new zx 14, that is the fastest thing that i have ever been on. you couldn't even crack the throtle. it would just pull the front up so fast. When your goin down the road is so smooth. very nice ride butt way to fast. the only thing he had done was a new header pipe and can. and a power commander. he let about 8 different ppl. ride it and they all said the same thing hoooollllllllyyyyyyy F$*K. within a thousand foot mark it was @ 132 mph.
:paper: is what i had to do after i got off the bike. nuts man. just friggin nuts.
Yep - I still find it hard to believe this thing is mass produced to the general public - especially after making a pass at the drag strip:D

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
RobbieLee said:
Anyone who appreciates speed and acceleration should ride an S&S 145 powered motorcycle at some point. Out of the box it's 180 hp and 185 torque. The 180 hp is nice but the 185 torque is the real feel good drug on this bike. I have speed bumps on my street. I idle over one, give it about 30%-40% throttle, the front wheel comes up about 6", I back off and am slowed down by compression for the next speed bump. Roll back on the throttle at 70 mph on the freeway and up it goes. This bike is not a stretched out chopper either. I made it to be a semi-sleeper, deuce tank, 4" over frontend.
:worthless:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Here's what my brother got last night to keep for himself.He says this will be the one I can train on.I got a seat to modify and I need a shifter. He says the engine that's goin on it should put me down to around the 6.5 to 6.8 ET's w a 3 ft wheelie bar.These things he builds look as tough as a TF Dragster.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I have just over 1000 miles on the 1098 now and am starting to push it a little more. I finally got rid of the chicken strips on the rear tire.

I would have never said this before but it has more than you need. The power wheelies are a trip.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Nice looking ride!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im sure the S&S does make a lot of power but at what cost? Nothing will compare to the Jap bikes for bang for the buck when it comes to performance. Im also amazed that the general public can fork over 10-12 grand and go so damn fast WOW!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Limied2000 said:
Im sure the S&S does make a lot of power but at what cost? Nothing will compare to the Jap bikes for bang for the buck when it comes to performance. Im also amazed that the general public can fork over 10-12 grand and go so damn fast WOW!!
I Have this DEBATE with my Mentor"John Noonan'' everytime I talk to him"YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A BUSA:spank: " Now i'm in way to deep to quit,but that's RACING:broke: ! I Beat all ,but the BADDEST TURBO BUSA'S Gixr's 1000's:deal: The problem is I could have 5 of those for what it Cost me to make my V-rod THE WORLD'S FASTEST:kaz: !

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is some really fast company up above, rode a 14 during bike week at Laconia. The S&S sounds awesome, but a buddy with a big S&S motor says he can only expect the engine to last 5K or so. I never got to ask any followup questions to that statement, but it has me wondering. Speaking of fast company, the V and I get a good workout when i go riding with my son in his 1098 Ducky, he has about 2500 miles on it and it is starting to rip. I thinks this means this winter's mods are lokking like a BB.

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Let's get real here

VrodG said:
You need to ride a big bore bike and see what real torque is all about. Yes the Jap bikes have top end but not the grunt out of the hole like the BB. :deal:
Do you really believe this? I LOVE the V-Rod but it is not even close to the same as these sport bikes in terms of riding fast. Completely different intended engineering. :angeldev:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts