Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from riding with one of my friends from work. He bought a 2006 Victory Hammer. While riding, of course we had to see which one was faster. As you read in the title, mine was!!!! It is a really nice bike though. It has the " stage 1 " treatment which includes pipes, high flow air filter/air box removed, and ecm flash. In the end though, the 'ol streetrod took him down!!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
You cant beat a V-Rod, when will they learn??

·
Southern Comfort
381 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
I just got back from riding with one of my friends from work. He bought a 2006 Victory Hammer. While riding, of course we had to see which one was faster. As you read in the title, mine was!!!! It is a really nice bike though. It has the " stage 1 " treatment which includes pipes, high flow air filter/air box removed, and ecm flash. In the end though, the 'ol streetrod took him down!!
By how many bike lengths??? Who was the fastest off the line? just wondering...

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From a stop we were even until third gear, then I pulled about 4 bike lengths and continued opening the gap until I topped 130. By then, I was about 10 bikes ahead. The second race was from a roll at 50 mph. Same results, even till 3rd and then pulled way ahead!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
ROD-ON Brother!

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Good kill but it sounds like the Victory is plenty quick since you had to top 100 before you started to pull him. That would translate into a tie on an 1/8th mile track and a small win in the 1/4 mile. Pretty good showing for an air cooled bike.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Good to know, a firefighter I work with is getting a Hammer, so I need a good stretch for the first race. I don't want to look bad....oh ya have the 1250 maybe that will help a little.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mjw930 said:
Good kill but it sounds like the Victory is plenty quick since you had to top 100 before you started to pull him. That would translate into a tie on an 1/8th mile track and a small win in the 1/4 mile. Pretty good showing for an air cooled bike.
It is a very nice bike, and as posted it isn't quite stock either!!! Not to mention the fact that it is 100ci plus a 6 speed!!!!!!!

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Yeah, I once had to whoop some victoy ass in front of about 50 people on a dyno drag at a bike show: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59709

Beaten up on plenty on the street since then, too. I dont know what it is with those guys?? It seems like they are REALLY out to prove that they are the "new" American bike. It really burns them that our 69 cu. in. engines put out more horsies than their 100 cu. inchers.

Congrats on stickin' it to em'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts