Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm looking to see if anyone has a stock seat for a 2006 VRSCR they want to sell? Either a stock seat or maybe a Corbin Close?

Let me know if you have one or if you have a good lead on where to find seats.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I have tried both the Sundowner and a modified ( gel insert ) stocker. Best thing for comfort was to get an Airhawk. The guys that originally owned the company sold it & I believe started a new company with an upgraded product. Look online.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried both the Sundowner and a modified ( gel insert ) stocker. Best thing for comfort was to get an Airhawk. The guys that originally owned the company sold it & I believe started a new company with an upgraded product. Look online.
Thanks. I do want to checkout the Air Hawk! My bike came with a Corbin Hollywood Solo Standard and I don't think I need the extra 2" provided.

From the Corbin Website:

"We offer two models of the Hollywood Solo; the CLOSE model and the Standard model. Close model is designed for riders who want an easy reach to the bars and pavement. If you feel cramped by the position of the stock seat, then the Corbin Standard version is for you with seating 2" further from the bars"

Beyond comfort I'm wanting to get a better riding position.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a stock seat modified to include a gel layer and much wider footprint.
I bought it for touring before I decided against that and it's just been collecting dust.
It's very large but also very comfortable and sits about the stock height and length
I have no idea about comfort but I'm just finding the Corbin Hollywood Standard a bit big for my but so I was hoping to start back at the original and see how that feels (position wise).

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
I have no idea about comfort but I'm just finding the Corbin Hollywood Standard a bit big for my but so I was hoping to start back at the original and see how that feels (position wise).
:2cents:The stock VRSCR seat has never been known for comfort.

And you do realize the Corbin pillion (rear) seat doesn't work with the stock (rider's) seat. (And vice versa.)

Here's a link to a picture Showing the difference in seating positions between the Hollywood "Close" and the Hollywood "Standard" seats.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/vrsca/hdsrh6.jpg

I tried inserting the picture but the forum will no longer do so.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Corbin

If you ride to Hollister California you can go to the Corbin factory and get a custom made seat while you wait in the diner. That’s what I did. They will also install a seat lock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you ride to Hollister California you can go to the Corbin factory and get a custom made seat while you wait in the diner. That’s what I did. They will also install a seat lock.
Wow! What a cool company. Your bike/seat look awesome too by the way.

·
Registered
334 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts