Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new to me 2007 Street Rod has the two straight brackets that bolt to the bike for bag mounted. I don't have the rest of the assembly with that has the loops and disconnect.
Since it is near impossible to get a VRSCR mount (or anything else.....).

I was wondering if anyone knew if other year/model mounts are the same and the real difference was the bracket that bolted to the bike.

Want to add Harley bags 91136-07A, but there is no mounting available. The 91440-06 is not listed for the VRSCR.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Any wide frame mount from a 240 bike should fit I would think - but if you want the original one for the VRSCR do what I did - get your H-D dealer to contact Vintage Parts up in Wisconsin they hold all the obsolete parts for lots of different motor co's they had like 23 ea. of the R model saddlebag brackets a year ago when I bought mine. You can search the P/N on their website for a stock check but it wont let you buy it unless you go thru a H-D dealer. About $ 300 for the whole S/B bracket setup kit. I added another quick disconnect to each side of mine to keep the bags from flying off but it's a giant P.I.A. So you got an '07 VRSCR ? That's the red headed step child of the VRSCR let alone the V Rod family ! Where did you find that ? Any photos ? I almost got one but mines an '06.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank streetrodracer.
I found it in North Carolina.
Guy purchased it in 2015 from the Harley dealer with 600 miles on it! Dealer had it as a demo bike and never sold it.
I bought it last weekend with 2800 miles on it.

Attachments

·
VRSC est -03
2,588 Posts
A rare bird, some says 2007 vrscr where only made in 3 digits numbers.
The missing saddlebag mount is made for a 180 tire.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Awesome looking machine I should have bought the one from the dealer up in N.C. a few years back (10K Miles) but the two dealer owners were arguing about selling it and I found an orange one one local. Congrats on the buy of the Century, Love it ! Throw the 300 bucks at it and buy the new one from Vintage - the brackets will be doubled but the saddlebag mount will fit perfect and that bike deserves it. If and when you get tired of it ( doubtful in the N.C. mountains, as I go up there every fall to ride mine ) just PM me and I'll pull my big Wells Cargo trailer up there with my R, ride around for a few days, pay you what you want cash for yours and head back South. Seriously - SWEET Bike ! ENJOY !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was such a find that I drove 9 hours each way with my trailer to pick it up. Think I'll keep it for a while :biker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts