Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for input from those who have nitrous set up experieince. I am thinking about doing a mild set up for speed runs at the track. I want to mount two 10 oz. bottles on the frame near the radiator - nozzles down. I am assuming that it needs to be a wet system for reliability. I am also thinking on 10 second run per bottle. Minimum 24 HP shot Max @ 40HP. I am assuming that the bottles could handle a single run - and switch from left side to right side for next run. Change bottles after that. Now my first concern is reliability. I believe that mild set-up should not cause reliability or excessive wear problems. Now the issues that I struggle with - how can the set-up be configured to ensure that there is NEVER a detonation problem. Is there a failsafe set-up. I assume the need for WOT switch. I have heard that fiilters can be a problem - I am assuming that cleaning before and /or after runs may solve. Kaz - how are your nozzles tied in. Can you post pictures - Another issues is where to mount the celenoids. I am assuming under the gas tank is about the only place left. My airbox already has two control units mounted in them for the shifters - although American Custom - can you make a fiberglass piece that replaces the pillion on a HD custom seat that is hollowed out and would allow placement of electronics? Any thoughts and experience that anyone can share on configuring a VERY reliable and safe set-up would be appreciated. Any thoughts on NX vs NOS vs Eddlebrook. CHopper Steve - any comments on what your plans are with a nitrous set-up including experieince with dry set-up.
Kevin
Kevin

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Kevin,
As long as you have enough fuel and don't run it lean,there is little chance of damage.Damage only happens when you throw more than the motor was built for,or run it lean.
2, 10oz bottles won't make it to the end of the track.Kaz has two bigger bottles,so he has enough pressure at the end of the track.
Kaz is the one to talk to.He can refer you to his Guru's. :thumb:

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NX tells me that one 10 oz can take you to the end of the track for sure with 30HP shot - and pushing it with 40HP - KAz - how big of a shot are you running and how much nitrous do you consume per run - bottle weight befor - bottle weight after.
Kevin

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I was just going from what Kaz as mentioned in the past.With my car and a 10lb bottle spraying 150hp.I get 5 good runs.That's good for 50 sec. of NOS.I run my bottle psi. around 1000.The 5th pass I get the pressure up to 1100.I use about 8lbs.That's a little over 1.5lbs a run.
If I do the #'s right 24oz a pass at 150hp.You would go thru about 5oz for a 30 shot.So yeah 2 10oz should be enough.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I won't tell bottle weights"top secret",but I will say this .I loose 700lbs of Bottle Pressure from beginning to the end with 2 Bottles!I found the wet system I run Like Bottle Pressure and 200lbs=20rwhp!Heres a pic for ya.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Super Kaz said:
I won't tell bottle weights"top secret",but I will say this .I loose 700lbs of Bottle Pressure from beginning to the end with 2 Bottles!I found the wet system I run Like Bottle Pressure and 200lbs=20rwhp!Heres a pic for ya.
Nice legs kaz :boobs:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Thank Baby! :kiss: ;)

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vinny - I am saying one 10oz per run - if 80% usable that's 8 oz of shot - your math says 5 needed leaving 3 spare - anybody disagree - Kaz - does this all add with your experience - it should be straight math - do the weights net it and then factor for reduced HP - what volume would you predict consumed on a 30HP pass.
Kevin

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Kaz, babe, post s'more TT pics here or elsewhere. Seem larger diameter tubing. Pic much better than previous.

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
kspz3 said:
I am looking for input from those who have nitrous set up experieince. I am thinking about doing a mild set up for speed runs at the track. I want to mount two 10 oz. bottles on the frame near the radiator - nozzles down. I am assuming that it needs to be a wet system for reliability. I am also thinking on 10 second run per bottle. Minimum 24 HP shot Max @ 40HP. I am assuming that the bottles could handle a single run - and switch from left side to right side for next run. Change bottles after that. Now my first concern is reliability. I believe that mild set-up should not cause reliability or excessive wear problems. Now the issues that I struggle with - how can the set-up be configured to ensure that there is NEVER a detonation problem. Is there a failsafe set-up. I assume the need for WOT switch. I have heard that fiilters can be a problem - I am assuming that cleaning before and /or after runs may solve. Kaz - how are your nozzles tied in. Can you post pictures - Another issues is where to mount the celenoids. I am assuming under the gas tank is about the only place left. My airbox already has two control units mounted in them for the shifters - although American Custom - can you make a fiberglass piece that replaces the pillion on a HD custom seat that is hollowed out and would allow placement of electronics? Any thoughts and experience that anyone can share on configuring a VERY reliable and safe set-up would be appreciated. Any thoughts on NX vs NOS vs Eddlebrook. CHopper Steve - any comments on what your plans are with a nitrous set-up including experieince with dry set-up.
Kevin
Kevin
kevin
we help tune a 1300 c.c. kawi that runs 100 h.p. shots with a 5 lb.
bottle he loses .6 lbs per run or 105 psi. he starts with 1100 psi.
we've found NX likes that much press.I dont know if kaz is purging
his system or what.i cant explain why he uses so much.one thing i
will say use a new bottle after every run.it helps with consistance.
now he does 8 sec. passes but i cant imagine more than a couple
of tenths of a pound for a 10 sec. run. :2cents:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Everyone's bikes and setups are different .Try it maybe you can make 50rwhp out of a 10oz bottle I sure the Hell could'nt!I only know what my bike used. :kaz:
Eddie,
one more for ya! :chair:

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Kaz,
Whats up? :confused: Why you holding out some HP secrets?I can see them,so can everyone else.I would've never thought that putting smudge marks on the swingarm,you would go faster ;)

Nice looking pipes,they look like the ones I just got today. :diablo:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya I tried to get Sam to ware these rubber Gloves but he said it makes his hands sweat! :yak: Next Time I will have American Custom Skins with Ozzy's Extreme Chrome Paint so I'll be Really ANAL about Finger Prints! :spank:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts