Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get a UPS bill in the mail that may tie to the Rick's tank group purchase? $30.00 Total (govt chgs $2.00 brokerage chgs $28.00 (explanation - dimensional weight adjustment based on UPS audit) I will call UPS tomorrow to see if in fact it came about from the Canada shipment of the tank or something I have forgotten about -- but can't imagine what . Thought $514.00 was it !!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
If it came from canada the charges apply.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
UPS try's to charge custom fees on the tanks. They cannot do it, refer to this post with the information you need to call customs and have them remove the charge.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=765668&postcount=21

Note I just read yours came from Canada so I don't know if this applies from canada or not. Thats more then they tried to charge several from the tanks coming from Germany. Reading the pdf though it looks like it applies to Canada as well.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Protest it (the fee) just don't pay. UPS has a contractor that does the customs inspection (coming out of Canada)and they normally just add the charge then when you protest they send it back. At least that is what I've had to do more than once to get my $$ back. sullivancorner

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I got that today. >:eek:(

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
taurusjds said:
dimensional weight adjustment
Everyone needs to understand - this ain't duties. What that means is that the shipper screwed up their shipping and put your tank in the wrong box. If they made the label and paid the bill for a smaller box dimensionally than what UPS' lasers in Louisville said, they're going to get you for the extra charge if that larger box puts it into a higher bracket for shipping charges. You're going to have to pay it or get the shipper to contest it. It's really really odd that you're getting the bill though - it should be sent to the shipper.

I deal with this every day.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
My box had a lot of air in it.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Measure the size of your box if you still have it. It might have been bumped up to an oversize category if it's that much of an additional charge. I can check it on my point of sale when I get to work tomorrow for curiosity sake.

About the bill, need to call the shipper.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
22x16x12

Yer band plays some good tunes.

·
buried alive oplin50
2,405 Posts
exactly correct.

masterofpuppets said:
Measure the size of your box if you still have it. It might have been bumped up to an oversize category if it's that much of an additional charge. I can check it on my point of sale when I get to work tomorrow for curiosity sake.

About the bill, need to call the shipper.

the reason they do DIM weight is to stop shipping a HUGE box that weighs 1 pound at the one pound rate. Rate is different due to the space the package uses. The shipper didnt put the correct adjusted wieght. Of a lot of the BS stuff this company does to the customer over damages and $$ that I dispise, this is one I actually understand.

as far as you getting the bill, did you use your shipping account or number to ship this? if so YOU are the shipper according to the paperwork.

on the duties thing. Ive seen them come to my route with a COD tag for some charges the out of the country shipper didnt pay? or whatever and the reciever has top pay before recieving the package. the return is always to UPS brokerage services. the international stuff is over my head...the rules and stuff change faster than I can keep up.

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
I also just received a bill from UPS. I am not listed as the shipper only the recipient. The breakdown on the bill is entry prep fee-$23, Disbursement fee-$5, Duty amount(2.5%)-$11.88, and Merchandise processing fee-$2...for a total of $41.88. It looks like UPS did a dimensional weight adjustment based on the container size, and bumped the weight from 10lbs to 27lbs, but I'm not certain which fee this applies to. So it looks like the only charge I can protest is the $11.88 duty amount...is that correct?

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Would this be legal to do in any other business? I mean you pay a shipping charge- which is basically agreed upon when your package ships.
Could you go in for a brake job and then a month later get a second bill for $25 because they used more brake fluid than expected???

Might be a lot that I don't understand about this but, if it caught me in the wrong mood I'd be making a non pleasant call...

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I think I'll send the invoice back to them telling them to bill the shipper.

I don't have a UPS account.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also received a bill for $30, same as "Rocketdoc422" above except w/o the $11.88 duty charge. Today, I called the shipper (Zeel Design, Inc. in Canada 450-772-5962) who expressed surprise at out bills. I faxed them a copy of my bill and they will call UPS to see what this is all about. They promised to call me with the answer. Stay tuned and don't pay yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
UPDATE! Zeel Design called to say they are working on our problem, but since they are closed Friday to Monday due to Canadian holidays, will not have an answer until Tuesday. They said they reviewed the shipment with UPS prior to shipping and all was supposedly settled. They also said they constantly battle with UPS over such matters. Hold on untill Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just throw the bill in the trash and forget about it!:paper: Just trust me--I don't feel like typing a book today on this one.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
Just throw the bill in the trash and forget about it!:paper: Just trust me--I don't feel like typing a book today on this one.
pretty much what i did!

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
Everyone needs to understand - this ain't duties. What that means is that the shipper screwed up their shipping and put your tank in the wrong box. If they made the label and paid the bill for a smaller box dimensionally than what UPS' lasers in Louisville said, they're going to get you for the extra charge if that larger box puts it into a higher bracket for shipping charges. You're going to have to pay it or get the shipper to contest it. It's really really odd that you're getting the bill though - it should be sent to the shipper.

I deal with this every day.
Got to love UPS when they leave a box at your front door with parts laying on the concrete......don't ring the doorbell and haul ass....been there....seen it!!! :chair:

Good music man.... i lived over at 1206 Cedar Hills Blvd when all that building started up back in the early 90's....then moved around the corner from The Backyard in Bee Cave......Good luck with the band! :D How I got stuck in Dallas is a long story.....Austin blows this krap away for days......

·
2007AW, 2010 Ultra
121 Posts
Ok, so back in 2000 I ordered a special frameless top for my Jeep...came out of Canada... got a bill 6 months later for $50. Whatever... in the trash it goes... 5 years later that bill is on my credit report for collections. I called and told them to piss off, I wasn't gonna pay it until they provided me with proof that I agreed to pay "brokerage fees" and they would not. So if it's still on my credit, oh well. I've been getting approved for way too much shit these days anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts