Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not crazy about the look or the sound of the stock pipes on my 06 vrsca. Ive already drilled them out and its still not loud enough. Any suggestions on a way to straight pipe my bike and look good too?

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
A set of unbaffled TABs would probably do it for you if you can handle the power loss.
:vrodforu:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
DIY V-mod your stock cans before spending your hard earned cash on an exhaust system.
I did the VMOD to my stockers to hold me over until I could decide on CFR vs. Toxic, vs D&D. I ended up staying with the VMODs until I modified those to be a Powerline...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
V Mod thee stockers and then add Big City Monster Baffles they worked great and restored my lost power just check with Jim their tech and look into the different baffles ,some are for low end and mid range and others are for top end and mid range.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
welcome to the forum, everyone has made good points in exhaust selection, you really don't want straight pipes you need some back pressure or your low and midrange power will suffer, do research and don't buy a pipe just cause it sounds good get one that performs or you'll be disappointed and searching again, JMHO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do I VMOD my stock cans though? I'm not understanding what that means. I'm new to this Harley stuff. I've been riding street bikes for a while but prefer my rod over anything else.
I'm tryin to go half bobber and the other half something my wife won't be uncomfortable on. But I need loud.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Vmod the stock exhaust. For about $150.00 you'll get some great (Deep) sound.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Basically just remove the inner baffle and it'll be louder while still keeping the power I need. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts