Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone know who makes these handlebars? I’m exploring the idea of going to straight handlebars and would like to know what’s available for the VRSCA(2003).

Thanks,
-John

PS: Not my pic or bike, example of the bars I am thinking about.

Attachments

·
Asatruar
2,935 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

-John
Get a Muscle/F and have best of both worlds..."straight"ish handle bar and actual road riding comfort (get the Budman's riser to really make it work nice).

The straight "drag" bars are just that...for a drag race. I can't imagine riding more than 30 miles with those before the old lower back issues creep up.

Lots of cool looking handlebars in the market, but very few that I would actually want to ride with (same for the silly body kits that move the instrument cluster to the fuel tank....you will not be able to see it safely in normal riding).

·
Registered
116 Posts
You could always do what Fitzgerald says they do, that is, cut your old bars off and weld on a drag bar. Should be a lot cheaper than $200.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Asatruar
2,935 Posts
Sorry, they're not in business any longer. For the VRSCA you need bars with the integral riser, one piece. That is why Fitzgerald cuts and welds stock bars.
Exactly. The OP has a 2003 VRSCA,so suggesting bars that fit on models other than that one aren't helping him.

Could he do it himself (cut bar from riser & weld on a different one ? )
Certainly,if he has the wherewithal to do so and then chrome plate the result.

But if he needs to farm out the process I doubt there would be any significant monetary savings. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. As H-D Heathen started and makes a good point... since I would have to farm out the process, its looking more and more like the Fitzgerald ones would be the way to go!

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had OEM bars on my 04 that we're almost straight...they beat the shit out of my wrists because all the vibes and jarring directly to my hands and joints. The weight from my torso also rested on my wrists exaggerated the issue. I changed to reach bars and it was a good choice. Sure, it doesn't look as good, but now, I can ride a lot longer in comfort.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had OEM bars on my 04 that we're almost straight...they beat the shit out of my wrists because all the vibes and jarring directly to my hands and joints. The weight from my torso also rested on my wrists exaggerated the issue. I changed to reach bars and it was a good choice. Sure, it doesn't look as good, but now, I can ride a lot longer in comfort.
THIS!

Lots of "cool" looking V-rods on the web, but few I'd want to ride more than a few miles due to complete lack of human comfort aspects.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THIS!

Lots of "cool" looking V-rods on the web, but few I'd want to ride more than a few miles due to complete lack of human comfort aspects.
The VRSCA isn’t my daily or distance bike so I’m ok with the changed ergonomics that come along with a more straight handlebar.

-John

1 - 20 of 36 Posts