Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how do you guys store your bikes. We have a good size garage but with tools and such there is enough room for a car and not both a car and my bike. Giving how we never park in it it might be ok there.

here is my issue we have a business we run remodeling houses, trailers, and what ever else and we have employees coming and going plus one guy who were friends with brings his kids over. 4 boy all under 10 who I am sure would see the bike as a toy to sit on :spank::spank::bash:

SO I am thinking about getting a portable shed with a garage door on it. No windows a garage door and a regular door to walk in. Should be nice and secure. What size do you think I need, I would like to walk around the bike with enough room if I am carring say a tool box or something, I would guess atleast 2 feet each side 3 would be better?
I would like it long enough to get around the front and back side with a 10 foot long work space for tools and a welder I will be getting. Think 20x16 or some thing close.

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
A 20x16 is HUGE... way more space then needed for just the v-rod and work space. A 10x12 would be enough, but if you can afford the xtra space I say go for it! :thumb:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
buy the HD bubble and put the bike in the bubble and keep in your existing garage

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
The need for storage space always expands to fill the available space. Get one as big as you can manage.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
So how do you guys store your bikes. We have a good size garage but with tools and such there is enough room for a car and not both a car and my bike. Giving how we never park in it it might be ok there.

here is my issue we have a business we run remodeling houses, trailers, and what ever else and we have employees coming and going plus one guy who were friends with brings his kids over. 4 boy all under 10 who I am sure would see the bike as a toy to sit on :spank::spank::bash:

SO I am thinking about getting a portable shed with a garage door on it. No windows a garage door and a regular door to walk in. Should be nice and secure. What size do you think I need, I would like to walk around the bike with enough room if I am carring say a tool box or something, I would guess atleast 2 feet each side 3 would be better?
I would like it long enough to get around the front and back side with a 10 foot long work space for tools and a welder I will be getting. Think 20x16 or some thing close.

If you can blow it past the wife, go for the biggest!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Luckily no wife to deal with, Being a college student I still live at home so blowing it by dad is the issue. I doubt I will have a issue since I will be buying a nice portable garage that I would likely leave when I move. Plus like I said the garage is cheaper then lawyer fees when I kill someone who scratches my bike
If you can blow it past the wife, go for the biggest!

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
Put a little Sea Foam in the tank, start it up for a few minutes. Put the ramp to the door of your house, Drive it up and into your spare room. Thats how i do it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought you where joking for a minute. Not a bad idea climate controled, safe. I can see if now, No mr insurance man I am not joking my motorcycle was sitting in the living room when the fire started. :D
Put a little Sea Foam in the tank, start it up for a few minutes. Put the ramp to the door of your house, Drive it up and into your spare room. Thats how i do it.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts

·
Red White & Blue
177 Posts
I leave both of mine in my shop. You can get a cover for under 40 bucks. The kids won't think of it as a climbing toy with a cover on it. It makes me cringe just thinking of little snotty-greasy kid fingers all over the chrome with Bubba sucking on a long neck and saying, "dang younguns!!! no matter what you tell em.....they just won't listen" And this is coming from a Mississippi native. Just my thoughts...
http://www.championcovers.com/category.jhtm?cid=3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts