Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I tried to prototype these Stone stopper's and I first removed the rad. cover. I could not believe how much paper, grass, sticks, glass, stones and stuff was stuck up in there. There was no room for air flow. Through the years I've pulled lots of small rocks, stones and twigges out of the scoops but could never see the blockish up inside the cover. I keep the screen's flush out to the outside edge's of the air scoop's so not to interfere with the air flow. And instead of 10 hole's per inch stainless steel screen. The stock air intake eng. ports. I went with 12 hole per inch. I think Nat's can get through but not mosquitoes These are also much stiffer and harder to bend. I was able to spring load them into position. They fit nice and tite with no vibrations.

Attachments

·
F2NV
1,764 Posts
was just on their site, like trying to find a needle in a haystack would you happen to have an item number, thanks

with close to a million products a part number (and cost) would be real helpful.

looks really good

how do you get the screen to stay on the outside of the opening? most of us mount them on the inside of the opening. what did you use as trim around the screen?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Looks great brother!!! Wish my 02 didn't have those stupid fancy fins in the radiator trim. It's a pain in the ass to make a set for it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The part # is (SS-012M028W) I went to there shop here in Tacoma's port Paid $38.78 shipped from Skokie IL. The size was 12 x 24 and 5.LBS. I need two pieces 16 x 6. And the tube trimming I got from home depot its irrigation tugging. I would like to find thinner tube.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Still can't seem to locate this.

The part # is (SS-012M028W) I went to there shop here in Tacoma's port Paid $38.78 shipped from Skokie IL. The size was 12 x 24 and 5.LBS. I need two pieces 16 x 6. And the tube trimming I got from home depot its irrigation tugging. I would like to find thinner tube.
Using this part number I came up empty. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~soles~

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Like i said b4....why dont they put them on at factory.....Oh I know.....that means an extra 34 cents......

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
they were saving it for add on options, wait, we don't get add on options :banghead:
Now this is my opinion...but the gaping holes for the radiator is just plan UGLY.

Form over function or vice vera. Or lazyness.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course I was inspired by Bicep (He who get to name the Muscle he rides). The man is the best. Now I did not take one of his apart I just took a good look at his. Then I built cheap mesh prototype's . And then when all my concern's were met on how to build then. And mount then. I then built a hard plastic temple that fits perfectly so I would have the same for both sides. And if I hit one or mare one down the road and I have to replace one I can. I just like to work on my owe bike I trust only myself to keep me and my machine up and running. I have not let any butte work on my bikes all my bike riding life. I started at 10 years old. I had a two speed 5 horse Little Indian Minnie bike and Dad made me do all the work no her.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Of course I was inspired by Bicep (He who get to name the Muscle he rides). The man is the best. Now I did not take one of his apart I just took a good look at his. Then I built cheap mesh prototype's . And then when all my concern's were met on how to build then. And mount then. I then built a hard plastic temple that fits perfectly so I would have the same for both sides. And if I hit one or mare one down the road and I have to replace one I can. I just like to work on my owe bike I trust only myself to keep me and my machine up and running. I have not let any butte work on my bikes all my bike riding life. I started at 10 years old. I had a two speed 5 horse Little Indian Minnie bike and Dad made me do all the work no her.
Im sure Bicep wont mind...............

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Using this part number I came up empty. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~soles~
Ok this number was under lot # S/S 12 MESH .028 12"X24" NEP P#3DVL3 on my packing slip I tried it on alilbrit link to Grainger's and it takes you to the page. Looks cheaper online.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts