Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is incorrect forum.
Stolen'10 Harley Davidson VRSCDX Night Rod Special
*contact*[email protected]
***REWARD***'
Black
Ground Effect Accent Lighting
Sport Windshield tinted gray
Rear Tail light is laydown Blacked out type.
Rear Tail light bulb is LED.
*Stolen 12/13/2010
*2500 Lake Shore Blvd. Ypsilanti MI 48198
*Michigan Tag# X192N
*VIN# 1HD1HHH17AC803993
*Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department
*Report #10-60871

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I apologize if this is incorrect forum.
Stolen'10 Harley Davidson VRSCDX Night Rod Special
*contact*[email protected]
***REWARD***'
Black
Ground Effect Accent Lighting
Sport Windshield tinted gray
Rear Tail light is laydown Blacked out type.
Rear Tail light bulb is LED.
*Stolen 12/13/2010
*2500 Lake Shore Blvd. Ypsilanti MI 48198
*Michigan Tag# X192N
*VIN# 1HD1HHH17AC803993
*Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department
*Report #10-60871
I'm sorry for your loss.

Is it remotely possible that the bike got towed? I remember an anti bike campaign around the Lakeshore Drive area that the police were running.........

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I will keep my eyes open. Joe

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Sorry to hear bout you bike getting ripped off, that sucks big time... Welcome to the forum, tough way to become a member :)... I'm assuming you had insurance to cover your loss but it still sucks when something like this happens... I hope it turns out ok for you in the end by either getting the bike back or getting another one...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
No doubt it will be pieced out on eBay.
I'm thinking your right or they are in need of parts for their own Rod... Some of these thieves are real stupid... There was a Sporty stolen here in my community about a month ago... Last week the thieves were arrested, they advertised the bike in the local newpaper... They wanted $2500 for it... These bozo's are one brick shy of a full load... Sell a stolen bike using a public newspaper add... Maybe the thieves of this bike will be as stupid as these jerks were...

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I'm thinking your right or they are in need of parts for their own Rod... Some of these thieves are real stupid... There was a Sporty stolen here in my community about a month ago... Last week the thieves were arrested, they advertised the bike in the local newpaper... They wanted $2500 for it... These bozo's are one brick shy of a full load... Sell a stolen bike using a public newspaper add... Maybe the thieves of this bike will be as stupid as these jerks were...
These bikes are still fairly low in numbers relative to other makes/models. When I see a guy on eBay with 100's of parts, multiple parts from all years, makes and models I have to wonder. Let alone dozens of these sellers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I don't mean to pick at fresh wounds, but could you give us some background to the theft? Did you have a security system fitted? Was it stolen from your house/shed? If it did have a security system, could they have used the 'pick and dump in trailer/ute' method?

·
dcg
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you all are the absolutely stellar!

on the contrary, having someone that empathizes is my only grip.
dcg

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Sorry to read about your loss, hope it's found and returned to you. I hate to read about this crap, seems to happen too often though. Again sorry for your loss, Skip

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Don't you think if the police tow a bike, they would note the plate and VIN? If you file a stolen report, it would cross-reference pretty fast....:banghead:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
These bikes are still fairly low in numbers relative to other makes/models. When I see a guy on eBay with 100's of parts, multiple parts from all years, makes and models I have to wonder. Let alone dozens of these sellers.
Lastnight while wondering around eBay I noticed that for the first time about all the parts coming from one person (especially used parts). You expect it from some of the shops that have had stuff sitting around....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts